• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

ethandrew

First Post
Kael sighs from the back, his impatience showing on his face and in his movements, "Let us go. Torches or not, I am not liking standing here to wait for attack, so let us go." He attempts to shepherd those between him and the already moving half-orc, using his hands to shoo them onward.

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: So what's the line order. Merenita is out front out of sheer ignorance. Then it sounds like maybe Darik, then Lenya, Delber, Kelset, Vardok, and Kael in the rear. Does this sound correct?

Merenita pauses as she notices the vibrations of the others have faded too much for them to be very close behind. She turns around and closes in on Darik, bursting suddenly from the deeper darkness below and stopping ten feet away from him. "I forgot you folks have a little more trouble on these ledges, than I. Want me to carry anything?" She asks helpfully. While waiting she casually takes a sip from her sloshy rat-sack.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: So what's the line order. Merenita is out front out of sheer ignorance. Then it sounds like maybe Darik, then Lenya, Delber, Kelset, Vardok, and Kael in the rear. Does this sound correct?

Merenita pauses . . . . While waiting she casually takes a sip from her sloshy rat-sack.

OOC: yup sound good to me. By the way:

[sblock=ytterman] i take a medication that heavily suppresses my appitite , whic is not neccessarily a good thing. the sip of sloshy rat sack thing, it just killed whaterver life my dinner appitite might have had .[/sblock]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: We appear to be missing Ringrill. Wiggimuck, are you still with us?

As the spider leads the way into darkness, the torch in Delber's hand slowly starts to reveal the lower reaches of the ravine...

At the edge of sight, a fortress top emerges from the darkness. The subterranean citadel, though impressive, seems long forgotten, if the lightless windows, cracked crenellations, and leaning towers are any indication. All is quiet, though a cold breeze blows up from below, bringing with it the scent of dust and a faint trace of rot.

As the group reaches the bottom of the stairs...

The narrow stairs empty into a small courtyard, apparently the top of what was once a crenellated battlement. The buried citadel has sunk so far into the earth that the battlement is now level with the surrounding cavern floor. The floor stretches away to the north and south, and it is apparently composed of a layer of treacherous, crumbled masonry, which reaches to an unknown depth. To the west looms the surviving structure of what must be the Sunless Citadel. A tower stands on the west side of the courtyard.

Merenita knows that the tower is where the goblins usually emerge from and that the entire cavern floor is full of rats that provide her with regular meals.

Krek the 5th barks a couple of times, but the sound echoes through the cavern eerily and the dog quiets, suddenly fearful.

Yttermayn

First Post
Merenita halts and waits for the last of the humanoids to get down to the bottom. When they do, she gestures west with one of her manipulative palps. "The tower that way is where the goblin things usually come up from. The rest of this area is good rat hunting." she again emphasizes her words with a sweeping gesture to the cavern floor in general. "Watch your step."

[sblock=Scott OOC]Should I take that as a compliment on good descriptive writing, or as a request to tone down the grosser aspects of spider physiology?[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Kael curses a bit in elvish, not out of anger or bitterness, but merely because he is awed. The words impressive and tragic and extraordinary are able to be made out to those who understand his natural dialect. His elven eyes span the cavern floor, taking it all in. He loosens his sword and pulls out his bow, making sure his quiver is well equipped and easy for access.

His voice cuts quietly, glad the barking has stopped, "Be guarded, all of us. Weapons ready. With the torch, we can be seen and shot from a long away." He eyes the lightless windows, openings from where those can come out or enter if they so choose. Where to begin this next step, to search for these lost grown-children, he hasn't a clue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads