PAX 2009 Dungeon Delve

solomanii

Explorer
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 2009 UDD run at PAX? I got half-way through it and would like to know what the last 3 encounters are. I would also like to run it for friends who didnt go to the UDD.

Thanks.

solomanii

Explorer
Hiya,
Yeah seen that. Wanted more detail. I guess WOTC doesnt release the module ever? I can use the dungeon delve manual + memory to put something together but would have enjoyed reading the original documents.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I was one of the Delvers in the link posted above. My memory is a little fuzzy about all the encounters.

I've played in so many delves and adventures since then that I may be completely misremembering details but the first encounter was against a bunch of kenku and some cockatrices. There was a large tree where some of the kenku would attack from, and some ruins on the ground that gave a mixture of walls that provided cover and difficult terrain.

The second encounter was going up a series of plateaus with a fast flowing stream that cascaded down from plateau to plateau. The encounter was quite difficult with few squares to occupy that weren't in the water and the stream would push you if you began your turn in it. At the same time a collection of elementals would harass you and attack you, trying to kill you or knock you off the platforms.

The third encounter was at the foot of a tower where you started in the middle and had to get to the upper level. But the only way up was to first go down. The main opponent were slimes and oozes.

The fourth encounter was in a room with random pit traps and several monsters scattered around you had to get through the traps to get to, while being harassed by some ranged attackers and one flying monster.

The fifth encounter I don't remember clearly who the opponents were, just that it was one of the toughest encounters and one of our party died. It was also multi-leveled with watery terrain as well.

The sixth encounter was also tough, there were a couple of different levels with opponents on each level and vrock (with level way above the rest of the encounter) that was an ally to the enemies, but if you played your cards right you could get the vrock to switch sides for a while and even things out a bit. But in the end you still had to fight it.

solomanii

Explorer
I was one of the Delvers in the link posted above. My memory is a little fuzzy about all the encounters.

Thanks for the details! How could you get the Vrock to switch sides? That was my first delve and I kind of assumed that WoTC would release the delve itself at some point as a product or on the web. But it seems they never did.

Remove ads