• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PBeM/PbP Dice Rolling Utility

Imagicka

Explorer
Greetings...

I've been looking for an online dice rolling utility for roleplaying by Play-by-Email/Play-by-Post . However, I haven't found anything all that suitable for my needs.

Some people have IRC Dice Bots, which do half the job. However, I need something that will generate dice rolls and send the results via email.

Dice bots allow you to enter in things like adding results together, multiplying/dividing results. Rolling dice multiple times. Taking highest or lowest numbers from results...

2d6+3 -- Roll 2d6, add 3 to the result (of course)
3d6+1d4*2 -- Roll 3d6 and add 1d4 multiplied by two.
20^1d20+3 -- Roll 1d20 twenty times, add three to the results.
4d6>3 -- Roll 4d6, take the top 3 results.

Also, you can put descriptors with the dice roll:
!roll 1d20+5 : Character attempts to attack
Character attempts to attack (1d20+5) : 17.

Multiple rolls can be made, with their own descriptors.
As well as, since it's an email based utility that you can send the results to multiple email addresses.

If anyone out there knows where such a utility can be found, or has the skills/ability to make this sort of thing, please get in touch with me, or post a response here.

Imagicka

Explorer
Greetings...

Well, I appreciate the responses. I didn't know about the one on RPGhost...
But I would like to find one that has multiple dice rolling capabilities. So, players don't have to send separate emails for Attacking & Damaging. Especially for multiple attacks and damages.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads