PC names in your party

Ricardo Murcielago
Lash
Vuukran
Nixvaliz
Shautha
Scritch

Only one human, with the pseudo-Latin name. Most of the human NPCs have had similar names.

thundershot

Adventurer
Here's the most recent members of the group... the first three are always there. The others depend on people being here, and sometimes get swapped out.

Talmore Nightshade (eladrin wizard/ranger)
Arrow (elf ranger/rogue)
Bluestreak (dragonborn paladin of bahamut)
Cog (warforged fighter)
Santa Gato (rakasta cleric of melora)
Bran (human warlord)
Karna (tiefling rogue)

yagyuninja

First Post
The game I run:

Aderes Orenda (Female Eladrin Wizard)
Awendella Arabella (Female Eladrin Cleric of Corellon)
Basilius Darkguard (Male Dragonborn Infernal Warlock)
Borris Hardworm (Male Dwarf Paladin of Bahamut)
Dakkon (Warforged Barbarian)
Emlyn Malelia (Female Half-elven Ranger)

All first time tabletop players. I think most of them used an online baby namer to get their names. :)

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think I'm the only one in my current campaign two have a last name.

We've got . . .

Gan Turing (Human Fighter)
Alana (Half-elf Warlock)
Dorgan (Gnome Wizard)
Jhaya (Dragonborn Warlord)
Skip (Halfling Rogue)

Skip originally had "Skippy" written at the top of the character sheet, but even the player who wrote it couldn't actually bring himself to say it out loud, and swiftly truncated it.

And for honorable mention. I very briefly played a Dragonlance Tinker Gnome named Gonur. . .
. . .sonofThakisheofthereallyreallreallyreallylargeeyebrowsIswearifyoueversawthemyou'dseewhatImeanthey'reabsolutelyhugewellanywayIusedtobeHadrisfromunderthemountainbutwhenItooksomeofmyinventionstoshowtomyfriendBillyouknowhimhe'stheguarddowninthatvillagewellIcan'tquiterememberthenamerightnowbutanywayshesaidthatifIevertriedtouseanyofmyinventionsinbattlethatI'dbeagonerandsoIdecidedthatIlikedthatnameitsortofremindsmeofmyuncleGodferhewasafunnyguypityhowhediedstillyounevercantellwhenatoasterisgoingtoexplodeIguessitneedsmoreworkperhapsifitwassteampoweredanywayIcanseeyouglaringatmeforgoingonsolongsoI'lljustreferyoutotheGreatGnomishLibrarysubsectionBitsrightbytheGnomeFlingeryoucan'tmissitandreamvolumnstenthroughfivehunderedninetysixtogetabetterideaoftherestofmyname.

balard

Explorer
My present 4E Eberron campaign:

Quarion Sintamavar - Eladrin Ranger
Henrik Lundström - Human Warlord(who lost his memory, his real name is Grevinar Haiduk)
Maya ir'Faldren - Human Wizard from Breland
Lohanys Tel' Arin - Eladrin Swordmage

The last campaign I played, an 3E greyhawk one:
Nonmatur Simas - my Druid
Soren Mightland - Human Paladin
Huron - Dwarf Figter

An old PBP adventure I played, all dwarfs
Orloff
Smirnoff
Heiniken
Bud Weiser - me

Mallus

Legend
It's been an interesting mix of names/naming styles so far, which is what I expected. Mainly invented names, with a strong showing for real-world and archaic names, some word names, a few 'borrowed' from fiction, and few silly names/puns, including at least one that's a impolite word spelled backward --there's one in every crowd:).

Keep 'em coming!

Oh, and here's the group that my screen name came from:

Mallus Lovesworn
Donovan Ben-Donovan
Matameo

I'm not above a little in-joke or two for a character name. I had a long-running character named Ebeneezer "Eezer" Goode, named for the guy in the infamous Shamen song of the same name. Since, supposedly, that name was already an in-joke, saying that "E's are good" meaning, "hey, take ecstasy!" it's like having two in-jokes in one.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Friday Night D&D 4e Game:
Akarnon--Tiefling warlock
Brother Iruel--Tiefling cleric of Pelor
Sindiin--Human wizard
Erroll--Human rogue
Que'Lara--Eladrin Paladin/rogue

Not currently-active characters:
This One--Warforged Swordmage
Sora--Dragonborn Fighter

Wednesday Night Dark Heresy Game:
(Let's see if I can remember them...)
Jerichus (Void-Born Adept)
Mithras (Adept)
Dame (Imperial Psyker)

Not currently-active characters:
Tybolt (Assassin from Dusk)
Constantinus (Imperial Psyker)

Monthly WoD game
Sorry..don't remember the character names, but they're all fairly mundane human-type names.

Last edited:

Mallus

Legend
I had a long-running character named Ebeneezer "Eezer" Goode, named for the guy in the infamous Shamen song of the same name.
I have fond memories of dancing to that and "Move Any Mountain" at the Melody Bar back in college. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Unfortunately, I can't think of that time and place without Carter USM's "Sheriff Fatman" leaping into my head and staying there all damn day...

Remove ads