PCGen v5.12.0 Release Candidate 3 released

Mercule

Adventurer
What is the general LOE to move from a RC to the "gold" version of PCGen? I'm thinking that it'd be nice to get some of the features, but don't want to go through heartache twice to update my (many) datasets.

Also, I assume a RC is pretty stable, since it is a candidate for release. Is that accurate.

thpr

First Post
Mercule said:
What is the general LOE to move from a RC to the "gold" version of PCGen? I'm thinking that it'd be nice to get some of the features, but don't want to go through heartache twice to update my (many) datasets.

Also, I assume a RC is pretty stable, since it is a candidate for release. Is that accurate.

Provided we don't find any new bugs, the current code will be the "gold" version. Since we have been testing without adding function since we went to beta, it is very stable at this point. James (our Code Silverback) also tested importing characters built in 5.10, so there should not be issues there (with a few exceptions from item name changes in the datasets, details of that can be found in this tracker ).

There are some VERY minor bug fixes (like error message changes) that have been checked in after the RC3 release, but no new function. Some other minor items, like a minor UI issue with expanding the tree of Templates and a fix for an installer problem on Macs that will likely make it to 5.12, but nothing that will impact data or characters.

TP.
--
Tom Parker
PCGen Architecture 2nd

Mercule

Adventurer
Installed it and checked it out. I know you guys made quite a few changes, but the one that really jumped out at me (in a positive way) was adding the +/- buttons to the skills tab. Oddly enough, that's changed the way I build characters already. It might also be a big plus for my players who have been complaining about the skills interface.

It's a minor thing, but still, good job, guys.

Remove ads