D&D General PETITION: Acknowledge Hasbro's hurtful content (Black orcs, Asian yellow orcs, Native American red orcs)—through an Amendatory Bundle [+ thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks... if you think that the OP is engaging in acceptable behaviour, have at it. I think it is reprehensible and self-centred, and places personal opinion above the greater good. We will have to agree to disagree I'm afraid.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Folks... if you think that the OP is engaging in acceptable behaviour, have at it. I think it is reprehensible and self-centred, and places personal opinion above the greater good. We will have to agree to disagree I'm afraid.
Mod Note:

You’re publicly calling the OP a lot of negative things. Not exactly “keeping it civil. Don’t repeat this error.

Having that opinion is fine. Reporting things you think are reprehensible is fine. Public name calling is against the rules.

Folks, I'm only now addressing this thread. With my workweek, school coursework, two choirs (as bass section leader), and home RPG group, I've been maxed out morning to night. The most I could do was click a few "likes" as I scrolled through on my phone during meal breaks.

This evening, taking points into consideration which people have made, I drastically re-wrote the OP, including the thread title. I also made a few changes in the Petition wording. And most importantly, I clarified what I need "positive" to mean in this thread.

From here on out, if you haven't read the Petition (21 points of concern + 9 points of action) and also the 48-page Research Paper
[Edit 2/25: the FAQ in the OP], please do not post here. There are further positive parameters laid out in the OP now. Thank you!

Last edited:

Folks, I'm only now addressing this thread. With my workweek, school coursework, two choirs (as bass section leader), and home RPG group, I've been maxed out morning to night. The most I could do was click a few "likes" as I scrolled through on my phone during meal breaks.

This evening, taking points into consideration which people have made, I drastically re-wrote the OP, including the thread title. I also made a few changes in the Petition wording. And most importantly, I clarified what I need "positive" to mean in this thread.

From here on out, if you haven't read the Petition (21 points of concern + 9 points of action) and also the 48-page Research Paper, please do not post here. There are further positive parameters laid out in the OP now. Thank you!
By the way, I thought I was posting my opinions in the non-+ thread. Apologies for that error. And I just want to make clear again that my opinions are about this action and behaviour, not about anyone as a person. We could very well be in agreement on other topics in the future.

I can't help thinking that if people had to read a 48 page research paper before signing a petition, there would be a lot fewer signatures. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. I mean, petitions generally rely on knee-jerk emotional responses in order to gain signatures. It's why they are not actually a good reflection of popular opinion.

I hear Micky Mouse reads everything though.

Joking aside, this article might be relevant to the discussion: Voices: I’m a ‘sensitivity reader’ – this is what Puffin failed to grasp on Roald Dahl

guachi

Hero

From here on out, if you haven't read the Petition (21 points of concern + 9 points of action) and also the 48-page Research Paper, please do not post here. There are further positive parameters laid out in the OP now. Thank you!

You're still wrong on at least 4 points (1, 2, 3, 8). Point 8 being wrong isn't even one that can be contested as one of differing opinion. Just based on the text of GAZ10, it's obviously wrong.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter

Asking someone to do a bit before posting seems good. Hoping they'll hit search on a long document before asking or saying something about an easily searchable thing seems aspirational. Trying to require folks to read 48 pages before responding because it's a + thread seems ... ill conceived. Good luck.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is way beyond the intent and scope of a [+] thread. For the record, you cannot assign homework to people who want to participate in a thread, let alone demad they read a 48-page document first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads