PF: Skin Deep

Aldern Foxglove

First Post

The great city of Xirr is a heaving cesspit of humanity. The diseased heart of a nation that has long since given up on the gods and turned to the worship of their tormentor Xall Lord of plagues, The Scaberous One.

blackdeath-2.gif

The people of Xirr tend great open temples feeding their dead to seething pits of maggots and leeches, tending to the needs of great black clouds of flies. Only those most devout remain free of disease, and despair hangs thick in the air a palpable and hideous stench.

But there are still good men in the city, the priests of Alira do their best to tend those they can in secret hiding in catacombs beneath the city. But lately the Priests have seen signs that something even more terrible approaches the city from below...

OOC: A 5th level PF game set in an undefined and non canonical area of the Living Pathfinder world of E'N in order to allow me to explore some ideas and oil rusty DMing muscles. The idea is to run the game in small segments giving each both a satisfying conclusion and potential for expansion.

• 20 Point Buy.
  • Core and APG only, no monsterous races.
  • HP max at first, choose rolled or maximum possible per hit die - 2 thereafter.
  • 2 Traits, which must be official.
  • Wealth of 10500gp.
  • No Item Creation.
  • Using fast XP progression.
  • Character Sheets should be posted in the Rogues Gallery.
The Pantheon will use the Living Pathfinder Divine Archetypes system see HERE for details.

What can you expect? Expect tough challenges, some character death, some horror style play, and a largely hostile society. I'll be experimenting on you a little and definitely using some custom monsters, etc. It will probably be preferable to attempt a reasonable level of optimization.

Maps with keys will be used for battles so you will need to provide an icon for your character. These maps will either be nice ones stolen from the internet and photoshopped to fit our needs or knocked up on Dungeon Crafter III and again photoshopped as necessary.

I am looking for 4-5 applicants who can post at least once a day except on weekends. Applications are currently closed.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I would be interested in a slightly high Pf game, but I cannot post on Saturdays, bi-weekly.

Will wait which classes others want to play, but tending toward Inquisitor or Oracle.

Padreigh

First Post
I would be in, but on weekends I can't guarantee daily posts. During weekdays I can post pretty much as much as you like though :)

Padreigh

First Post
Then I call "Dibs" on the Paladin. :)

How do you want us to generate HP? Average HP, MAX HP, MAX HP -2, Roll?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmmm... interesting :D and a great idea btw.

I like that I may get to try some character types before confirming to them in the LPF.

I can take the muscle of the group but have chores expect something tonight.

HM

_

jkason

First Post
Like a lot of others, weekends aren't good for me to guarantee posting, though I'm fairly steady through the week.

I've been wanting to take a crack at a lame-cursed oracle of the heavens, a crippled dreamer who looks to the skies for his hope of a better life. A plague city seems like a good place for him to dream of getting out of, but I'll admit that I'm a little concerned about "a reasonable level of optimization." Even when I'm trying, I tend to be pretty bad at optimizing, so I usually just go for what seems to work thematically for the concept.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I would not be too worried about it, more than anything I'm trying to get across that this can be expected to be a challenging game which has the advantage of allowing swifter leveling, etc., but also means that character death is more likely than in an average game. So long as you are okay with that we are golden.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well my first choice of character is Dorn a dwarven Monk of the Sacred Mountain. Alot of reason but mostly I want to try a high CMB/CMD character to give those rules a through going over.

But it looks like so far we are missing a cleric...

Walking Dad - Inquisitor or Oracle (possible Inquisitor do to jkason's character choice)
Padreigh - Paladin
kinem - Arcane caster (bringing out the fireballs??)
jkason - Oracle

So I think we should have a cleric and one who leans heavy combat to supplement the other melee fighters. I think we will need some third lvl spells in a game where the DM isn't to optimistic about our survival in his first post. :p (Character to be done shortly I have been working on Dorn LOL.)

And how about us all worshiping the same Power we could be working for the church on some mission or another.

HM

_

Remove ads