Pathfinder 2E PF2e House Rules:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I definitely think any house rule written before you’ve played the actual rule is too soon. No game plays how it reads, and there’s a reason why game designers playtest. Play it, and then make house rules if it still doesn’t work the way you’d like.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Well, I managed to find coffelocks before they were a thing, so I feel confident that there's no way I'm leaving Adopted Ancestry as it is. I'm thinking of changing it to this

PathfinderSocietySymbol.gif
Adopted Ancestry Feat 1

Ancestry
You’re immersed in another ancestry’s culture and traditions, whether born into them, earned through rite of passage, or bonded through a deep friendship or romance. Choose a level 1 feat that requires a common ancestry. You gain the selected ancestry feat as long as the ancestry feat doesn’t require any physiological feature that you lack, as determined by the GM.

Also for martial dedications, I'm thinking of changing them all so they provide something for martials multing into each other. Don't know how yet though.

Mycroft

Banned
Banned
Anything one should be aware of? I'm thinking about going half level, just so there's some difference between the pcs and peasants.

Well, a peasant would be Untrained in a lot, so that would be +0, but going with + 1/2 level, or +1/4 level, or even +2 x level all work (I've tried them all in the last year) as well.

zztong

Explorer
Hero Lab Online lets you create custom Ancestries and Backgrounds. It appears to me that those features aren't quite complete, when you make a Background you get to choose a Feat from the entire list. When you make an Ancestry and specify two abilities, those two abilities are locked into being increased. You don't get to pick just one like other Ancestries.

A pretty common house rule is to ignore Alignment. Folks will also ignore Anathema.

dave2008

Legend
I definitely think any house rule written before you’ve played the actual rule is too soon. No game plays how it reads, and there’s a reason why game designers playtest. Play it, and then make house rules if it still doesn’t work the way you’d like.

There is a definite logic to that and I agree generally. But there are some things we know we like (like my Hit Points example), and that we know how they play.

Last edited:

Remove ads