• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #01: The Silent Tide

Keht

First Post
Yargos looks at Vig…. “Yes, yes the code book. I do not have it, that thug Nessian stole it! We must get it back, we must call off the invasion… Oh what have I done? all of Absalom is in great peril. You must stop Nessian and the Black Echelon."

Kyra approaches one of the unconscious thugs, prays to her God and heals the thug.
The thug, a bit drowsy lifts his hands and begs for mercy… “Please, please I am just doing what he told me. A few silver to throw an old man and his buddies off a cliff? You telling me you wouldn’t do it? I have 13 children to feed.”

[sblock=”Need some rolls”]
Roll me some spot checks please
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Keht

First Post
Kevlin attempts to intimidate the thug with no luck. As the questioning begins the thug has little reason to give much up but his input is not necessary. As soon as you start to question the thugs, yargos comes clean and fills in the blanks.
The Black Echelon was the advance force of a fleet of Taldor soldiers that meant to attack Absalom’s hundreds of years ago. The Black Echelon would come ashore and take out Absalom’s defenses then they would signal the rest of the fleet. They would signal the rest of the fleet using prearranged light signals. When Yargos found the code book he used it to replicate the first of the signals that would call forth the advance force. He quickly realized that there was magic in the book and the signals still worked. He watched the Black Echelon rise from the dead and begin to fulfill their tasks.

Recognizing his own foolishness, Yargos tried to alert the city and avert disaster. But before he could hurl the codebook into the sea to abort the Silent Tide once and for all, a young crime lord named Nessian intervened. Nessian has a better plan for the codebook. He intends to manipulate the undead operatives and take advantage of the disruption their sabotage wreaks. As the bearer of the codebook, Nessian alone knows the lantern signal to abort. The codebook is his chance to blackmail the populace as he wishes and finally secure his place in Absalom’s underworld.
Yargos tells you that you must quickly find the code book so you can transmit the right set of codes to forever call off the attack.

Vig notices a flashing red light coming from the top of one of the buildings in the city. When he points it out it seems to make Yargos uneasy.

“Nessian!” shouts Yargos. “He’s signaling Black Echelon --- The undead! Six flashes of red – I remember that signal…. By the gods! That’s the granary! Nessian has sent those monsters to poison the granary! C’mon! I don’t know how, but we’ve got to stop them – we’re the only ones who know what’s happening.”

[sblock=more information]
check out the first post on this thread, that will give you all the information Yargos can
[/sblock]

mkb152

Explorer
Kevlan

<Gathers his belongings and any gear he sees that may be valuable>

"Let's get going to that granary. Looks like are business is not done."

vl.arandur

First Post
Tessara glares at Yargos suspiciously before following with her teammates. "How convenient that you remember the signal for attack the granary, but not for abort. Next time you find a magical spellbook with the capability of destroying your city, make sure you know how to turn it off before you turn it on."

Keht

First Post
Yargos looks at Tessara... "Yes, Yes you are right, I have made grave mistakes, but now is not the time to argue. They will poison the granary, if they are successful many will die. They plan to lace the city's reserve grain supply with the poison Gut Wither".

Yargos leads the way to the granary.

As you approach the granary you find that an eerie cold fog has suddenly descended on the adjoining streets and alley ways. Outside the front doors of the granary you find the three guards charged with protecting the granary dead at the door.

[sblock=Granary Map (Current View)]
granmap1.jpg

[/sblock]

GM: What are our heroes plans?

vl.arandur

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ha! "Grave" mistakes! :3[/sblock]

Tessara stands at the door, noting the dead guards, the closed doors, and ponders for a moment. "Say," she says to her comrades, "here's a thought. The guards are dead, so our quarry has been here for a while. It's evident that we need to kill them, but we have no way of knowing whether or not they've already poisoned some of the grain. If we declare the grain to be clean when it's not, then people will die; however, if there is no grain, then the city can act now to import grain from outside; that is, assuming they need to: this is the reserve supply, so there exists a greater than zero probability that they'll not need to dig into it before they can obtain more. Therefore, I propose that the most prudent action we could take at the moment would be to burn down the granary, thus killing two birds with one stone." She smiles, a bit proud of herself for having thought of such a logical plan, and turns to see what her friends say.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I think this is not the most prudent action. An' we burn down the granary, there's no proof that we did it to save the city; we'll surely be arrested for arson, as well as for burning the city's food supply. Not a good day for us, I think."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads