PFS #41: Crypt of Fools

IronWolf

blank
With holy symbol in hand, Isandra channels energy with its waves rolling over the statue. A soft click is heard as a small compartment set into the left foot just below the "I" pops open revealing another parchment.

[sblock=OOC]

Also updating the first post's resource section with the image as well.

[sblock=Statue Parchment]
h1.jpg

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
JalilEWPortrait.png

Jalil moves steadily through the city with the others, watching their backtrail. He looks on in appreciation as his comrades steadily make their way through piece after piece of the puzzle. "Nice job, Issandra!"

soulnova

Explorer
Isandra rises her hand in victory "Yes!" but quickly tries not to attract more attention. "I mean, I'm glad we didn't have to break this one" she chuckles.

She looks at the parchment. "What the... what's this? Are those... hooks? I think my ideas have run out for this one. Any suggestions?" she turns to Jalil and the others.

zizazat

First Post
Karasu looks very excited, "Yes, yes. Very good Isandra! The caka-ircles match the towers on the map! But this new one? No caka-ircles." Karasu studies the map and the paper, strutting around, bobbing his head as he thinks. Scratching his talons into the ground, he points to the large open square. "Look!" he says, "Not hooks, roads."

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
"Roads?" she tilts her head to the side trying to find a form "Well, I guess they can be roads indeed. Its better than 'squished spider'" she blushes a little revealing what she thought at first "... but what roads bend like that?... Uhm... A square you say? There's one right to the north, isn't? I guess we should check it out too. Look for an 'I' or some other sign."

She sighs "I guess we will need a map after all" Isandra looks at all the parchments.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
With Karasu and Isandra noting a pattern in the city streets that seem to match the image in the parchment, the group sets off from the statue to look at this area of town a little closer.

The streets are still busy as mid-afternoon passes to late afternoon as the sun slowly sinks in the sky. The group looks about the square and several hundred yards in either direction down the streets that branch off from this square. You take your time and while seeing some interesting architecture you do not find signs of any other "I's".

During your investigation of the area, you do learn this little town square is known as Pharasma's Pulput throughout the rest of the city.

[sblock=OOC]

What next?

Clue type adventures can get tricky, you have done excellent so far at identifying the clues - now it is sort of a matter of putting them together.

Since I can see faces over PbP, feel free to let me know if you need a nudge. Otherwise you have been doing great at gathering the relevant pieces of information, so I don't want to spoil any fun, but nor do I want to frustrate you if you are at wits end.

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
JalilEWPortrait.png

"OK, so we know that these drawings look like places in Cassomir. Let's get a map and see if these locations mean anything!"

Jalil looks around on the way to Pharasma's Pulpit, trying to find a likely place to purchase a map of the city.

soulnova

Explorer
Isandra will follow Jalil to buy the map.

Once they have it she will lay down the parchments over their respective area and mark them for easier reference.

"Good. So... we have three parchments and three places. I find strange that the crazy painter didn't made a reference to this area in the square, because, for example..." she points at the Citadel and the Hall of Records "Those two were close together... and also the Harbor Watch Towers and the Prison. I would have bet we would find another secret parchment around here too. The Abbey didn't have anything else close by... mmh... I guess the most obvious clue we have so far is that each of these places were of the same Cassomir design (oh, I don't know of the square though, but I'm pretty sure it was made around from the same time)"

She ponders for a while. "Should we look for more old Cassomir structures in this general area?" she points at the area formed by the three marks "We might be missing something..."

soulnova

Explorer
Isandra will try to check for any other old Cassomir buildings or "I" carvings on statues or monuments on that area.

[sblock=Mowgli] This is totally off topic. How do you put more links on the signature? I wanted to put some for my characters too but it tells me I'm only allowed one line of code. :p [/sblock]

Remove ads