• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS set up

IronWolf

blank
Master of the Fallen Fortress is actually a better introduction to what the Pathfinder Society is than the First Steps Series

I don't think I would agree with that. Master of the Fallen Fortress is a fun mod, but I think the First Steps series is going to prove a better introduction to PFS play as a whole. I don't think Master of the Fallen Fortress even gets into faction missions and such, right?

Nebten

First Post
MotFF doesn't not have any faction missions and you can't earn any Prestige points from it either. Some people have mixed feelings on it too since its a basic dungeon crawl. Of course, I have mixed feelings on the First Steps series too.

pauljathome

First Post
Oh yeah! I completely forgot about First Steps. That is perfect for what I need. I can't believe I completely overlooked them!

I strongly agree with using First Steps. The 3 adventures introduce you to all the factions and give you a mix of adventure types.

When are you planning on running the game? Hopefully NOT Tuesday or Thursdays. I like Steel Winds suggestion of Sunday afternoon if that is possible.

VanceMadrox

First Post
I don't think I would agree with that. Master of the Fallen Fortress is a fun mod, but I think the First Steps series is going to prove a better introduction to PFS play as a whole. I don't think Master of the Fallen Fortress even gets into faction missions and such, right?

I didn't say it was a better introduction to PFS play, I said it was a better introduction to the Pathfinder Society.
MoFF has a way to introduce someone who's never heard anything about the Pathfinder Society to the Society in game, whereas First Steps assumes you're already Pathfinders.

Tharian

First Post
MoFF has a way to introduce someone who's never heard anything about the Pathfinder Society to the Society in game, whereas First Steps assumes you're already Pathfinders.
That is a very excellent point. I was looking over the First Steps series to run as an introduction to players (some of whom had never played Pathfinder) and realized that there was a lot of assumed knowledge already in the first few moments of the adventure. I still plan to run it at some point, but we did something else for that day since it was meant to be a one-shot anyway.

Remove ads