D&D 5E PH(B) Tavern Brawler Feat

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Wizards_DnD_2014-Jul-23.jpg

Looks pretty cool to me.

Thaumaturge.

Drakhar

First Post
So the people wanting WotC to comment on the alpha leak should be satisfied now, as this is one of the feats people were spoiling in the L&L thread and it shows that they were simply using the alpha leak not the actual PHB. It is still an interesting feat however.

Thaumaturge

I can't be the only one that plays D&D at the local pub? ;)

They still let you in?

"Creative reenactments of fantasy fight scenes aren't allowed in this establishment" signs have sprouted up like weeds around here.

For some reason.

Thaumaturge.

Thaumaturge

Tavern Brawler (I love this one)

+1 Str or Con, proficient with improvised weapons, d6 unarmed damage, bonus action to grapple with unarmed or improvised weapon attack, advantage on saves vs becoming intoxicated

Put here for purposes of comparison. Looks like the damage was lowered and the advantage on saves vs intoxicated was removed.

Thaumaturge.

Paraxis

Explorer
Unless they change unarmed strikes to be light weapons this is a pointless feat, it gives you no real advantage over using a weapon, it is only for fluff not for any type of mechanical effectiveness or optimization. I would always choose another feat or a +2 to strength or +1 strength +1 other ability score over this feat.

Now if you could use your unarmed strike as a light weapon so that you could make an offhand attack that could provoke a grapple that would be useful.

Remove ads