PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic and Eleria climb the ladder up to the roof while Xir goes back downstairs and outside to use his ability to run up the wall to the roof again. The three of them gather in the middle of the roof to look at the drawbridge style door that blocks their access to the final area in the top of the tower. Their investigation is suddenly inturrupted as the drawbridge moves slightly, not opening fully but creating a space a foot or so wide between its edge and the wall behind it. A blur of dark purple color zooms out of the crack and circles once in the air above the roof before settling into a hover near the edge of the roof closest to the tower.

Once again, you hear the voice in your heads speaking, but now you hear it audibly as well coming from the small purple dragon-like creature hovering in the air. "Hello again and for the first time." The creature mimes a small bow towards the three adventurers with its right hand (claw?) across its small chest and its horned head dipping down momentarily while its wings flap to keep it aloft. "We meet at last. Now that you have finished clearing away all other obstacles, we can get down to business and discuss your options for the future. First, let me formally introduce myself. I am Verminar Necrotuz, or 'Rat-Killer' for those not accquainted with the Draconic tongue. I would prefer Verminar though if you please. So, firstly, do you have any questions for me? Once those are out of the way, we can proceed to other matters such as my offer to you."

Attachments

• DarqueDemenseRoof.JPG
    DarqueDemenseRoof.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 160

Wik

First Post
Standing on the roof, Elthic is busy looking out at the nearby street when the dragon appears. He takes a quick leap back, a quizzical look on his face. Then, suddenly, he begins to laugh.

"You're the house? Here I was, wishing termites upon you... when all this time, I should have been wishing tapeworms. Or whatever it is that dragons get. Fleas?

"There's only one thing you can tell me... where is this key, so we can get out of here? And, how can we help our friend, frozen in time below?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"No, I am not the house. That was your assertion and I just let you believe what you wanted. As I said originally, I speak by my own authority as the soon to be legal owner of this house. Which is why I do not want to give you the key you seek. For if I do that, then Lucias owns this place and will turn me out of the only home I have ever known. Not to mention selling all of my master's precious and important possessions before either selling or burning down this house. As for your friend, I believe he can only be released once the matter of ownership is resolved and the undisputed owner sets him free. I would gladly do this when if I am the rightful owner." The Psuedodragon says while hovering over the corner of the roof.

"This brings me to the subject of my counter-offer. You are currently employed by Lucias to recover the key before time runs out and I become the rightful owner. I believe he has offered you 500 gold crowns for this job. I would offer you more than that to switch sides and help me instead. The contents of that chest full of gold and platinum would be yours, as well as the large black pearl and the scrollcase for your frozen friend. I believe it would come to around 750 gold crowns for each of you if I'm not mistaken. All I would ask is for you to remain my guests here in this house until time expires at midnight tonight and defend this place in case any others come to try and get the key." The purple creature goes quiet, waiting while you consider it's offer or come up with any new questions.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir crosses his hands. "My agreement is with Lucias. To break it would be a violation of that agreement. I do not wish to sow the whirlwind."

Wik

First Post
"Truth be told, I'm not so sure. My people have no love for Dragons - all they care for is hoarding gold, the misers - but I have less trust for the greedy cousin. Can you prove ownership?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Ownership is the problem, you see. Technically neither I nor Lucias owns the property yet. Per the will, if he can claim possession by midnight tonight then the house is his. This is why he needs the key for the front door to prove ownership. However, if he does not claim possession by that time, then I gain full rights of ownership." Verminar responds to Elthic's question.

"Though I can understand your position, Xir I must say I hoped I could persuade you. Technically speaking though, is not the agreement that he pays you for a certain service? In this case, getting him the key. If you just did not perform this service, or were stopped from doing so, then you would not expect to be paid. So you're agreement would be concluded honorably. I would also like to hear your thoughts, Eleria. What say you?" The little dragon asks the elven woman.

OOC: I will wait a few more days to see if we can get a response for Eleria from Dues Ex Machina. Feel free to continue this discussion until she does join in or I decide it's been long enough and go forward from there. Also know that I'm not trying or gonna have a PVP here, so whatever you all decide will need to be unanimous. I don't want party members fighting from choosing different sides on this issue.

Wik

First Post
"I understand Xir's point - A code is life. And Lucias did help us with those potions... that being said, the dragon did give us help in the form of advice.

Show me the contract, and we'll talk. If not... step aside."

Remove ads