• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phaeton's Falcons

ethandrew

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
"Not a problem, my little friend," Deric mentions, while putting some of the resulting egg concoction onto a plate for Livingston,"If you were a half-orc, you may not of had such luck."

"Well it's a good thing I'm not a half-orc then, I like being so pretty!" Livingston smiles and gladly accepts this egg-offering.

"Maybe when we're done with this warehouse job, we can go buy a pig or even hunt a boar, that way I can make us all some nice swine over a spit."

After the meal, Livingston will go outside to the make-shift practice yard and watch Vyleya go through her routine, followed by Gurv coming back and working with his sword. Livingston will loiter around the house, not really doing anything specific. He knows his skills do not fall in the information gathering and the scouting of warehouses. At his temple he was simply immersed in studies and the time-honored way of cleaning, as all acolytes had tasks to complete around the compound. No one can sweep a floor like Livingston. He'll accredit this to his advantage to being closer to the ground to see all the dirt someone of a more severe stature might have missed.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Vyleya Argnon, Human Fighter 2

Vyleya does not seem to change her routine in the face of the attention on her exercises, though she gives both Roland and Livingston a smile and a nod as they observe her before going about their own errands. Later in the afternoon, when Gurv returns and engages in his own practices, she is sufficiently distracted from her reading to observe his technique from inside, from a window.

"Not sure I'd want to cross blades with him," she murmurs, after some time.

Lot

First Post
Gurv returns inside from his practice, his limbs loosened and feeling primed. He fills a basin of water and splashes water on his face to cool down. When a few of his companions are around, he speaks to whomever is interested.

"I went down to check out some of the other warehouses. I wanted to see if I could gather some insight on how to attack based on the layouts of other, similar warehouses. Might be useful, but most likely this place will be somewhat different than the one I looked at today."

Gurv looks around for something to eat as he speaks, finally grabbing another loaf of fresh bread. He sniffs it then takes a large bite.

"Anyway, the front area by the big barn doors probably opens up to a large storage area. A bad place to enter, I imagine. The back, however, is most likely smaller, partitioned rooms. Offices and the like. I think, even more than before, we need to move on that back door. Now, the question is: Should we try to pick the lock and break-in or should we attack when the guy goes to relieve himself in the alley.?"

Gurv takes another bite then sinks into a chair.

ethandrew

First Post
Sitting down with Gurv for some dinner, Livingston will have some bread as well, maybe ask the cook for a stew, hopefully one with some meat in it.

"I think we should definitely attack the guy in the alleyway. That would be one less person to deal with in the warehouse. Although, the noise we create from that scuffle could alert them all."

PhoenixAsh

First Post

Vyleya pays attention as Gurv details his findings from the day, "Good idea Gurv. I'd say we should pick the lock and move in without waiting. If we take out the guy and then go inside, they will figure out something is up pretty quickly when he doesn't come back, so that will rush us. We can go at our own pace so long as we're careful this way."

Vyleya casts about and select an apple to eat with dinner, running it's surface over with her fingers and giving it a little toss in the air before sinking her teeth into it. Between bites, she adds, "You seem to have a better head for this sort of thing, so if you think different, I'm willing to trust to that. What do you say?" She gestures to Ickle and Gurv with her half-eaten apple, awaiting something with more substance for dinner with the rest.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
"I would be in favor of waiting to jump the fellow who stumbled outside to take a piss," Deric says to no one in particular,"Divide and conquer, they say."

"But if we have move in with the use of stealth, I have a particular cantrip that will ensure that the door opens silently after we have picked the lock."

Lot

First Post
Gurv appear to be in thought as he chews.

"I think if we can take the guy in the alley by surprise, we should be able to be quiet about it. Then, when we go back in, we might have a few moments before an alarm is raised. My concern with picking the lock is that it will be noisy. There could be people who wait right on the other side of the door and they'll know something is up. If we can take care of the guy pissing, even if they hear us coming, they might just assume it's their pal returning. Might give us a moment. It's not a full-proof plan by any stretch, but based on what we know, I think it's best."

Gurv finishes the loaf and takes a sip of what appears to be water from a metal goblet.

"Now...if we do decide to take out the guy in the alley, what method would you recommend? I think we should try to move in one or two of us posing as beggars. Then try to hide somewhere in the alley, if they don't spot us, no problem. If they do, they might run us off but not instantly get overly suspicious. Anyway, I think we should hit the guy with missile attacks; arrows or bolts. Then the "beggars" move in to finish the work, quickly and quietly. If it goes bad, we flee back to a meeting point and re-assess the situation."

PhoenixAsh

First Post

Vyleya smiles faintly, bowing her head as she regards her apple - now reduced to a thin core, "Seems I'm out-voted. What you say makes sense."

She cheers somewhat as the maid brings out some stew for them. While it cools she takes a loaf of bread and tears hunks from it, dipping it in the broth and eating the soaked bread.

"It's probably a good idea to have a couple people close to the door. If something goes wrong, they could keep the door from being closed, and deliver a finishing blow if things go right, like you say. I'll help take him down with my crossbow. Thought it might come to that," she finishes, almost gravely.

She regards Deric with a smile, "A spell that could open the door quietly seems like a great idea to me, there are probably more doors inside too... wouldn't you say Gurv?"

ethandrew

First Post
PhoenixAsh said:
"...I'll help take him down with my crossbow. Thought it might come to that,"

"Do not worry about their deaths, it is a natural order in the world, one that Kelemvor oversees with great compassion. If tonight is the night for them to die, it would bring me much honor to deliver the blows that dealt its coming."

Livingston's eyes brighten when the stew is brought out, likewise tearing a chunk of bread and soaking up the broth.

"It looks like I might have to wear my armor tonight. I can look like your beggar, but I'm not as accomplished in the hand-to-hand as some of you might be, although, I do have a few tricks up my sleeve that could come handy in a pinch."

Remove ads