D&D 5E Phandelver starting to show up in the wild. NewbieDM looks to be the first!

Reynard

Legend
They've dropped hints at a Mindflayer Empire Revival as a plot for yeeeeaaaars, since the PHB & DMG, but also pretty heavily in Volo's and in bits and bobs as side bits to various Adventures when Mindflayers show up. Nice to see this finally get a real go.
Gawds dammit. I have sworn off WotC 5E but this adventure is starting to entice me...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Gawds dammit. I have sworn off WotC 5E but this adventure is starting to entice me...
1693930699733.png

Well, that kind of answers all the "Why are there no tie-in products" posts in the BG3 threads, even if this was inadvertent. But they're right, putting a mind flayer on the cover would have been a smart choice here to catch the eyes of BG3 players...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, that kind of answers all the "Why are there no tie-in products" posts in the BG3 threads, even if this was inadvertent. But they're right, putting a mind flayer on the cover would have been a smart choice here to catch the eyes of BG3 players...
I'm sure that they knew what was coming, for sure.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So they're just spoiling the heck out of it....
No more or less than other books. Having looked at the full on flip through, there is a lot theybare not sharing. Going into detail on the identity of the BBEG is something they do routinely for the big Adventure books, however.

Scribe

Legend

Wait, is it a Netherbrain?!

Reynard

Legend
That's synergy, not a tie in.

Remove ads