• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E PHB already with a broken spine

professorDM

First Post
Has anyone else experienced this? I just bought my Player's Handbook a few months ago and already the spine has broken---I've got a good 75 broken, loose pages right in the middle of the book.

I expect these books to last through years, if not decades, of play, and I'm sure the manufacturers built them expecting the same. Charging $50 for a book that won't even last through a few gaming sessions is absurd. I assume mine is an isolated incident, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? If so, have you tried to get a refund or a replacement copy?

I'm going to head to the store I bought it from here soon and will inquire with the publisher if I need to, but I was curious about others' experience....

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
I thought this would be a thread about how you've played the heck out of the game since its release, that your PHB got a broken spine, LOL. Go for a refund, sure.

was

Adventurer
Umm..'throwing the book' at your players is not meant to be taken literally.;)

JK

Seriously though, the books have seemed to be getting more and more fragile over the years. Asking for a replacement when it falls apart after 3-4 months of use is not out of line.

Paraxis

Explorer
This was an issue when they first shipped out I have seen a few threads here and on giant in the playground forums talking about it.

Wotc replaces them if you call and ship it to them, I think.

DaveDash

Explorer
This was an issue when they first shipped out I have seen a few threads here and on giant in the playground forums talking about it.

Wotc replaces them if you call and ship it to them, I think.

Being in Australia I'd rather not be without my PHB for 4 weeks. I'll probably just buy a new one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads