D&D General PHB, Chapter 5 Expanded

For those that are interested, here's an expanded Chapter 5, which includes resources from other official 5e publications. Each addition is noted with a footnote at the bottom (makes it easy to just skim the pages to see what's been added).
Great footnotes! This is a nice, simple way to amalgamate these resources. One suggestion: a page reference, not just the chapter, would have been nice. Were page numbers left out in case of revision changes? If so, I'd add them in regardless... even if those resources do get edited, the probability of an edit resulting in a page change is less than 100% (and likely far less I would think). Even if they do get edited onto a new page, the odds that the new page reference is off by more than 1 is vanishingly small. The utility of having a page reference (and not just a chapter reference), even on the off chance that the page reference is off by 1, outweighs the 'risk' of having a page reference not being quite where it was at the time of writing.

FirbolgFactory

Explorer
Great footnotes! This is a nice, simple way to amalgamate these resources. One suggestion: a page reference, not just the chapter, would have been nice. Were page numbers left out in case of revision changes? If so, I'd add them in regardless... even if those resources do get edited, the probability of an edit resulting in a page change is less than 100% (and likely far less I would think). Even if they do get edited onto a new page, the odds that the new page reference is off by more than 1 is vanishingly small. The utility of having a page reference (and not just a chapter reference), even on the off chance that the page reference is off by 1, outweighs the 'risk' of having a page reference not being quite where it was at the time of writing.
Yes to your question and its more personal for me. My day job has me working in presentations a good chunk of the day, where page numbers frequently change. Referencing sections vs page numbers really is the hill I choose to die on. So yeah, not much of an issue for D&D as page numbers might change by a page...but I just can't bring myself to make page references.

Remove ads