Picard Season 3

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
It was nice to see Picard get genuinely, openly angry, even if it was at Beverly. And it was great to see Gates McFadden can still hold up her end of a scene. Also great to see that Beverly is still an amazing doctor.

She has a really good podcast, by the way: Gates McFadden Investigates.

I really dig that they gave us a mildly de-aged flashback of Picard and Riker.

Anyway, I like episode 3 more than 2, and 2 more than 1, so that's a good trend.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Random forced interchangeable arbitrary “attack!”no “hide!” threw me out of it. I assume they assigned those manufactured positions via a coin toss or something. Neither spoke to character.

Otherwise, good ep.

Omand

Hero
Random forced interchangeable arbitrary “attack!”no “hide!” threw me out of it. I assume they assigned those manufactured positions via a coin toss or something. Neither spoke to character.

Otherwise, good ep.
I have been thinking on this, and not sure if they are manufactured, or part of something bigger.

So far this season things have been played straight, but is the attack/hide dichotomy part of some plan by Picard and Riker? Not sure and I guess we will find out in Episode 4.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend

Otherwise, good ep.
I thought they spoke to Picard and Riker's flashback conversation, in the light of the fact that Riker subsequently lost his son. He's become overcautious as a result, looking to avoid a fight if he can.

But their positions were over-emphasised, and played out for too long. Ultimately, with a saboteur on board they'll have a hard time successfully exploiting any strategy.

Ryujin

Legend
I thought they spoke to Picard and Riker's flashback conversation, in the light of the fact that Riker subsequently lost his son. He's become overcautious as a result, looking to avoid a fight if he can.

But their positions were over-emphasised, and played out for too long. Ultimately, with a saboteur on board they'll have a hard time successfully exploiting any strategy.
Well having Picard get thrown off the bridge does very conveniently put him in a position to find said saboteur.

Zardnaar

Legend
Liking thus better than 2 and I liked that season more than the internet did so go figure.

As much grief modern Trek gets online I don't really get how it's worse than S1 of TNG/Voyager.

DS9 was decent to great start to finish.

Stalker0

Legend
Liking thus better than 2 and I liked that season more than the internet did so go figure.

As much grief modern Trek gets online I don't really get how it's worse than S1 of TNG/Voyager.

DS9 was decent to great start to finish.
Quite frankly if the internet existed as it does today, TNG wouldn’t have made it past the first season.

Remove ads