• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Pick one major theme from a previous edition that you want in 6e

OD&D: Hex crawl rules and overland adventures.
B/X: XP for Gold and less XP for monsters.
1E: Separate Race/Class
2E: ??? - not sure - don't have a lot of experience with this edition.
3E: Ascending AC and Base Attack Bonus
4E: ??? - not sure - to be honest, there is very little from this edition that is appealing to me.
5E: Bounded Accuracy

1E: (and earlier): Artwork
2E: Video game releases that felt like they were using the same mechanics and world (or at least passably close)
3E: An X.5 Edition. I would like to no have another "edition revision" that extends the life of 5E for another cycle before a fully new 6E comes out.
4E: No comment, I sat this one out.
5E: Slow release cycle.

Anoth

Adventurer
1E: (and earlier): Artwork
2E: Video game releases that felt like they were using the same mechanics and world (or at least passably close)
3E: An X.5 Edition. I would like to no have another "edition revision" that extends the life of 5E for another cycle before a fully new 6E comes out.
4E: No comment, I sat this one out.
5E: Slow release cycle.

I like .x editions if done right. After a couple years of play they should really have an idea of what they overlooked. One example for me would be sorlock and bards using smite spells. Maybe limit the bards expanded spell abilities to not include paladin and Ranger spells. And only allowing paladins to smite with paladin spell slots, not those gained from other classes. Dear god get rid of the sorlock advantage. Little things like that. No major overhaul of the mechanic.

I would like to see alot more option in the PHB for the sorcerer, like pathfinder 1E. Pathfinder really understood the sorcerer. Still think meta magic belongs to the wizard, I will concede this point however.

Tony Vargas

Legend
0D&D: No thief class
Basic: race as class
BECMI: progression past 20th
1e: monsters different from PCs.
2e: kits (backgrounds)
3e: PC customizability
4e: Balance
5e: 3 Pillars

Remove ads