WotBS Pics from my WotBS sessions

lockyreid

Explorer
I didn't specifically. I put all my halfling/gnomes minis out to resemble the group of halflings for any encounters, but I didnt run them as combatants for any. For the Earnest reveal that was all done with flavour text, and once Agression was released I had a Deception mini ready to place on the battle. You can see it there next to the draon, though its mostly obscured by the condition ring on it.

I think the encounters out in the open will working really well, though I don't have any idea what to do for the ice river for the remorhaz encounter. Luckily I've still got some time until then.
If I had a whole lot of money to waste on frivolous fun, I'd create a battlemap by freezing a literal sheet of ice and then scoring it with a 1-inch grid, then putting remorhaz minis under a heat lamp before I started the encounter.

lockyreid

Explorer
Couple more sessions done. We had a super sweet aerial battle against Aggression which got very dicey when Aggression killed our Defender in one round with a massive crit. Luckily the party recovered well, and Shalosha came to help out.
20210117_144909.jpg

After a bit of downtime traveling and resting in Seaquen the party, with Shalosha, have entered Ycengled Phuurst looking for the drow assassins.
Yesterday they came across the Taranesti child who lured them into the Vile Oak trap.
20210214_144018.jpg20210214_145934.jpg

lockyreid

Explorer
Going strong. I've been a bit slack in posting pics so here's an updated dump for you!
We're progressing through Chapter 7 with good pace.

Here our ranger attempts to intimidate the Shahalestians into abandoning the sacred henge, whilst the rest of the party wait in hiding, in case negotiations go poorly (they did.).
Image from iOS (8).jpgImage from iOS (9).jpgImage from iOS (10).jpg

Afterwards the party is set up by Malhun and his wolves whilst the party are sleeping. Luckily the party set up some alarms so they weren't caught too surprised.
20210306_093306.jpg20210306_093414.jpg

After learning the secrets of how to get to Phorros Irrendra the party make their way through the caves, following their shadows, During this time, due to the close proximity of the shadowfell, our Rogue was whisked away to the Raven Primordial's fortress and given a sacred quest to hunt down the remaining Inquisitors.
As they approach the exit they are engaged by a Glabrezu who stands guard.
20210314_153553.jpg

We've just met the drow assassins, and now the players have headed to the Grove to find Rhuarc, but are ambushed by the sprits of the dead.

lockyreid

Explorer
Another few sessions down.

Here the party are ambushed and negotiate with the Drow assassins. The negotiation doesn't go all that smoothly, but the Drow tell the party where to find Rhuarc, and the party eventually leave.
20210404_173042.jpg

The party investigate the Grove to find Rhuarc but he finds them first. Disturbing the graves of the fallen heroes a number of spirit swarms are awoken to defend the grove, and Rhuarc uses this to his advantage as he joins the fight with his shades.
20210418_093559.jpg20210418_093548.jpg

Eventually Rhuarc is hurt and flees. (It was a tough encounter, but made much easier when Shalosha rolled 3 crits in a single roll!)
Image from iOS (12).jpg

Rhuarc flees to the forge and manages to catch the entire party in the pit trap. Buried and being attacked by Rhuarc and his shades the party attempt to dig their way out and fight back.
20210502_151737.jpg

The party managed to best Rhuarc though it was a tough (and a bit frustrating) fight for the party.

With Rhuarc dead the party now has possession of the Torch, but after talking to Syana and doing some research in the library they discover that the Torch is not working, and they might need to head to the Temple of Echoed Souls to retrieve Trilla's Soul.

Remove ads