Piratecat's storyhour reborn! (updated July 4, 2006)

Spatzimaus

First Post
Piratecat said:
Or maybe it won't be if I get distracted and natter on about gorillaticks and kangasharks for three pages.

I want to hear more about the kangasharks. Seriously, something that hops around after you at impressive speeds, with a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth and that goes into a frenzy when it smells blood? That's the kind of animal that gives nightmares to low-level adventurers, like the exploding bunnies I used once. Heh, good times.

Darthjaye

First Post
Spatzimaus said:
I want to hear more about the kangasharks. Seriously, something that hops around after you at impressive speeds, with a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth and that goes into a frenzy when it smells blood? That's the kind of animal that gives nightmares to low-level adventurers, like the exploding bunnies I used once. Heh, good times.

Bunny sappers? Crap that may be worse than vorpal. At least when vorpal hits the first victim the others get to run away. But now, it's explode-o-wabbit to muddle things abit. The shark head mounted on a kangaroo body does bring up some interesting visuals however.

Spatzimaus

First Post
Darthjaye said:
Bunny sappers? Crap that may be worse than vorpal. At least when vorpal hits the first victim the others get to run away. But now, it's explode-o-wabbit to muddle things abit.

Oh, it was much, much worse than that. The bunnies made a 3d6 fireball when they died... but bunnies aren't exactly loners. If you killed one while they were in a group (or too close to the warren), you'd get a chain reaction. To a group of 6th-level adventurers, this can be pretty dangerous.

(Ironically, I got that idea from Nolin's prestige class.)

And before the Rule 1 violation complaints start: I don't think the DoD are really afraid of weak little flaming bunnies. Now, if I was to give the stats for the nasty epic-level predators that FED on the bunnies, that'd be different.

Richard Rawen

First Post
shilsen said:
Guilty as charged :D

Excellent. Now you just need to tie in a couple of the ways they're currently getting screwed (I'm sure they are) back to their choice to ignore the modrons and the great karmic wheel can come full circle.

Shilsen thank you for expressing a cosmic truth. All players should be punished for ruining the hours of hard work a DM puts into a game that they then ignore, or, just as bad, Earthquake (thought honestly that was a brilliant move on Velendo's part :) ).

The fact that the 'Modron Issue' keeps getting raised in this SH, even though it hasn't even happened yet, is truly one of the better running jokes I've seen.
Now I just have to hope PKitty doesn't smite me for bringing it up ... again :p

Raevynn

First Post
*steps in from the shadows* yes.... 1 game session and a complimentry corpse... However it ended up working perfectly for Raevynn as you will all see through the coming adventures because it gave her some personality... "traits" that were VERY fun to play... I left it in PC's hands to play it as he saw fit.. it just all fell into place...

*Raevynn looks up from some book of some sort... pages have obviously been torn out and most are stained.....* Well... *flick flick flick* can we go deal with the bad people now or are we going to continue to discuss the virtues of action/non-action... cause if that is what you plan.... I will be right back.... *some green mist swirls about her hands... a dripping green ethereal substance can be seen on the tips of her sharpen finger nails... a small acorn appears in her hand....* um... be right back.... *steps back in the shadows*

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
I was just having look at the character sheets PC has linked to his other SH thread. I was surprised at how many 10-12's and how few 20+ stats there were. How were the stats originally generated?

thotd

Remove ads