Piratecat's storyhour reborn! (updated July 4, 2006)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Well, it depends on which characters. The original characters like Velendo were rolled on 4d6 drop one, rearrange as you like. Anyone who joined after 3e launched is a 32 point buy. On my list of things to do is to get updated sheets online, but it's not highest on the priority list.

Update will be up in a few days. Life is fun, but busy!

KidCthulhu

First Post
Yep, certainly the original Defenders were all generated with 4d6 drop worst. We've never been a hefty stat party, at least not initially. Check out Dylrath's stats one day. Rath is a playable character.

Now, of course, most of us have at least one stat that's in the grotesquely large category. Most of us have at least one skill (or in Agar's case 6 or 7) where we can make a DC 50 check of some kind.

It kind of makes for nice balance. We're not all good at everything, but the things we are good at we're obscenely good at. Which is how it should be in Epic levels.

KidCthulhu said:
It kind of makes for nice balance. We're not all good at everything, but the things we are good at we're obscenely good at. Which is how it should be in Epic levels.

One of the things I like best about d20's system is that it encourages niche-protection like that: as characters grow in power, they tend to get deeper, not broader, so you don't get the circumstance where one character can do everything and the other players feel like they don't get to do the cool stuff. Instead, you have a situation where X does the amazing Xthings, and Y does the amazing Ythings, and everyone feels like they get to be cool and badass in their own way.

Raevynn

First Post
We all had our strengths and weaknesses... it made for a much more cohesive party... and some amazing roleplaying....

"quick HEAL Valendo!"
"With WHAT? Poison, flame that I got... healing... I have a potion!"

Raevynn

First Post
hrrmuph... finally post and what... dead air.... erg....

*goes looking for someone who looks bad so she can blow them up... er teach them about Galanna...*

KidCthulhu

First Post
Raevynn said:
hrrmuph... finally post and what... dead air.... erg....

*goes looking for someone who looks bad so she can blow them up... er teach them about Galanna...*

Raevyn always did have a unique pedagogical approach.

Remove ads