• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planes to Shape, Secrets to Keep... (Dromus)

Zerth

First Post
Illira

Illira listened to Adinal and Feiran speak, impressed by their intelligence and use of words. She remained quiet as she felt she could not add anything signifigant. She would probably just embarrass herself.

So smart people, they know all kind of stuff, I better listen to them. That Adinal certainly has a way with words. Just like the Voice does, but nothing really compares to the Voice. It is so impressive, both charming and scary.

Illira's thoughts began to race, she recalled, what the Voice told her soon after those horrible cultists with their creatures had attacked the monastery. It persuaded her to leave the monastery, because she would not be safe there. The monks were not her real friends - they just kept secrets from her - and true friends did nothing like that, no. The Voice promised it was her friend, and would help her to use her unique powers, which were a gift and nothing to be ashamed of. It also revealed, why it spoke to her. She was chosen to do great things and the Voice was there to guide her. All the horrible, disgusting things it had shown her earlier were just to prepare her for the things to come - and she would see unbelievable things, that the Voice promised her. Her first task was to find and protect a certain powerful amulet. It was very important and she mustn't fail, many things were depending on her success...

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well now, this certainly sounds exciting! Exiling a godling in an amulet to planes unknown whilst dozens of people try to take it? Delightful!

"Did you have a plane in mind? Perhaps we ought to take it to someplace rather obscure, someplace new and exciting... do you know of any place like that? I'm quite up for going anywhere! And just let anyone try to take that nasty amulet away from us before we're there, I'll make them tingle in ways nature and the gods never intended to!" Narine says with a broad grin, holding up a hand with tiny crackles of electricty sparking between the fingers.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Kestral Pathfinder

Kestrel, thinks if there would be any place safe to hide the thing on Tangle. [Link=Knowledge check]http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Kestral#130497[/link]

If it helps any his knowledge, the Planes check is [Link=Knowledge, the Planes] http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Kestral#130502[/link]

Meanwhile he listens to what the man has to say. While getting increasingly nervous about Illiria's exitement.

DemonWolfZero

First Post
Adinal regards Narine with a raised eyebrow for a calculated half-second and then replies, "The best place I could think of would be the Tangle, being such a maze of portals that if we had a good guide," he nods to Kestrel, "we could make sure that the amulet was incredibly hard to find. The only other place I could think of myself was perhaps to an inner plane. But my knowledge of planes other than my own is severely limited, which is why I began looking for outsiders. Perhaps you people know of a better place? A better idea?" Adinal's shoulders droop and when he speaks, his voice is that of one who feels helpless, "Hells, I'm out of my league even now. I know more about Dromus than all of you put together, but I know almost nothing else. I could tell you where to find the best craftsman in the city, or get you the cheapest dorjes, but I know next to nothing of the Imperium or the depths of Yesheveran. You have to help me come up with ideas. The Tangle can keep the amulet hidden, but not forever! Even the inner planes would merely be a hindrance to anyone seeking to control this power." At this last statement, Adinal drains his tankard and fights to keep his mead down.

(OOC: Perhaps we should all make knowledge checks of some sort. Anything we have, Int or Wis if we don't? Adinal can't suck much more out of Knowledge(local, psionics and nobility/royalty), but maybe the rest of you have something? Maybe Kelleris can tell us what our characters know despite our own ignorance? :p)

Adinal: Fort save against adverse reaction to alcohol - 20 (WOO! CHUG CHUG!)

Zerth

First Post
Illira

As everyone is discussing about a good place to hide the amulet, Illira tries to think something herself. The Tangle seems to repeat as a good choice, so she hopes to remember any arcane mysteries concerning that plane.

(OOC: My skill checks can be found as "Illira".)

Knowledge (arcana) check, result 13, to recall any helpful arcane mysteries about the Tangle.

Knowledge (planes) check, result 23, to think about good places to hide the amulet. Not just Tangle, but anywhere.

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
Itching for some action himself, Cagthail smiles at Narine's suggestion. As he also sees the need for a plan however, he tries to think of a suitable location, but can't find any good enough for something this important.

After a while he says: "Well, I don't know much of the other planes or of how the Tower could find it, so I can't help you much with a location. I'll just help get it where you deem safest."

(OOC: Rolls under Cagthail)

Int check, result 5 (natural 1), to think of a good hiding place on Caeldwyste.

Kelleris

Explorer
(OOC: Well nuts. I recently paid for PMing for my account, but apparently you need to have the feature just to receive private messages. :mad: If anyone here has PMing, tell me and I'll do it the way I originally meant to for your character. Alternatively, I suppose you could give me an e-mail address. Either way, I will remove your idea from the public boards and just send it to you.)

(Anyway, here're some ideas for you. Take it or leave it, or modify it or propose it or keep it to yourself; I don't want to play your character for you. However, I have to request that you refrain from reading these in particular. The goal here is that everyone have something relevant to contribute, so you can discuss IC. I don't want you just cribbing the best ideas from the stuff below, especially since these are tailored to individual characters.)

Cagthail Minaesbart -

EDIT: Removed to quell temptation. ;) If you want to look it over again, just ask me, I have it saved.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Illira Astirel -

EDIT: Removed to quell temptation. ;) If you want to look it over again, just ask me, I have it saved.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Kestrel Pathfinder -

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads