Planescape PLANESCAPE Classic Setting in PDF

Fans of Planescape will be pleased to know that WotC is now offering a PDF of the 1994 AD&D 2nd Edition campaign setting by Dvid "Zeb" Cook for only $9.99. Nearly 300 pages, and featuring art including that of Tony DiTerlizzi, Planescape was an iconic setting which later inspired a popular video game (Planescape: Torment) and introduced gamers to Sigil, the City of Doors.

Fans of Planescape will be pleased to know that WotC is now offering a PDF of the 1994 AD&D 2nd Edition campaign setting by Dvid "Zeb" Cook for only $9.99. Nearly 300 pages, and featuring art including that of Tony DiTerlizzi, Planescape was an iconic setting which later inspired a popular video game (Planescape: Torment) and introduced gamers to Sigil, the City of Doors.

Discover the multiverse! Enter infinite universes of infinite variety, worlds beyond the prime-material settings of the AD&D game. Explore Sigil, the City of Doors, filled with portals to every layer of every plane. All you need is the right key, including. . .

A Player's Guide to the Planes: A 32-page primer that introduces DMs and players alike to the grand design of the multiverse.
A DM's Guide to the Planes: A 64-page book of valuable information solely for the Dungeon Master.
Sigil and Beyond: A 96-page gazetteer that introduces Sigil and its surrounding plane as the starting point for planar adventures. From Sigil all the Outer Planes may be sampled by novice and veteran explorers alike.
Monstrous Supplement: a 32-page, full-color Monstrous Compendium booklet.
Four poster-size maps depicting the planes.
A four-panel DM screen designed especially for planar campaigns.

Until now, only the most powerful wizards could peek into the magnificent multiverse, but no longer! Gone are the unimaginable distances and the insurmountable obstacles that only the ultrapowerful could hope to overcome. Now even the greenest adventurer can enter the planes, though surviving long is another matter . . . .

Have at it, berk! Powers, proxies, planars, petitioners, and wondrous monsters await just beyond the portal. Step through and partake of the infinite excitement of Planescape.

You'll find it right here!

TSR2600_Planescape_Campaign_Setting.jpg

soulcatcher78

First Post
Great news for those who don't have a copy or just want to preserve their physical copy. Hopefully this opens the door for more Planescape books to flesh out Sigil and the planes.

dwayne

Adventurer
I could see and epic path with this setting in the future, but would be great if they just did a book or box set for 5th edition too.

Zaran

Adventurer
I don't know. I think it means they feel like they don't need to put out a 5e version of the setting since they made the 2e one available for us. Still , it's one of my favorite settings and any setting they do for 5e I would hope they use these past products as guides. In my opinion, the 4e setting books were subpar.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't know. I think it means they feel like they don't need to put out a 5e version of the setting since they made the 2e one available for us. Still , it's one of my favorite settings and any setting they do for 5e I would hope they use these past products as guides. In my opinion, the 4e setting books were subpar.

Yeah...most of the old settings are in digital print now, makes one wonder what they could do for new support...

HobbitFan

Explorer
Yeah...most of the old settings are in digital print now, makes one wonder what they could do for new support...

They could do new adventures, website support, new novels, a new videogame, etc. Lots of options....not all of which cost a lot of money. They just have to have the will to do so...

Remove ads

Remove ads