Planescape Planescape Pre-order Page Shows Off The Books!

Take a look at the books, poster map, and DM screen!

You can now pre-order Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse from D&D Beyond. The set comes out on October 17th.

Scroll down through the comments to see more various peeks at the books!

• Discover 2 new backgrounds, the Gate Warden & the Planar Philosopher, to build planar characters in the D&D Beyond character builder
  • Channel 7 otherworldly feats, new intriguing magic spells & more powered by planar energies
  • Explore 12 new ascendant factions, each with distinct cosmic ideologies
  • Face over 50 unusual creatures including planar incarnates, hierarch modrons, and time dragons in the Encounter Builder
  • Journey across the Outlands in an adventure for characters levels 3-10 and 17
  • Adds adventure hooks, encounter tables, maps of Sigil and the Outlands & more to your game
This 3 books set comprises:
  • Sigil and the Outlands: a setting book full of planar character options with details on the fantastic City of Doors, descriptions of the Outlands, the gate-towns that lead to the Outer planes, and more
  • Turn of the Fortunes Wheel: an adventure set in Sigil and the Outlands designed for character levels 3-10 with a jump to level 17
  • Morte’s Planar Parade: Follow Morte as he presents over 50 inhabitants of the Outer Plane, including incarnates, hierarch modrons, time dragons, and more with their stats and descriptions

2321b38bdbc2d8e550f36556ba5a79e9_1920_KR.png

Ellywick Tumblestrum reference coming up I think, that deck is what made her a Planeswalker.

Does anyone think there will be references to Planeswalkers like Tumblestrum and Vi in Planescape?
Possibly. The concept of a "planewalker" (no 's') is something that exists in Planescape already, though it's far more mundane than how Magic seemingly treats its "planeswalkers" - just a general term to refer to people who travel the planes, which if you're playing in Planescape is basically everyone of note.

There's a Planewalker's Guild in lore - originally based out of Sigil, then moved to the Infinite Staircase after Sigil's Guilds declined and the Factions rose to dominance, and then back to Sigil in the wake of the Faction War.

Wouldn't be surprised if it made a return, or if we get some character cameos.

Last edited:

That not how canon works.
Yes it is. There's no obligation to keep canon between editions, because each new edition is a restructuring of the entire game, including its lore, which is technically soft mechanics in any TTRPG. If you want to use the old canon, which was designed for older editions of the game, then you can, and its on you to update it.

Your desire for a consistent canon between editions makes more sense for movie or similar media franchises, but not for D&D, which by definition is reinventing the wheel every 10-15 years.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Your desire for a consistent canon between editions makes more sense for movie or similar media franchises, but not for D&D, which by definition is reinventing the wheel every 10-15 years.
The closest parallel to movies is the James Bond franchise. They might keep some things consistent between lead actors (we had Ms and Qs carry over between actors, for instance) and the overall concepts are the same, but the details change between actors (sometimes even within their runs) and no one is confused or upset about it.

I think dragonlance was good, for me spelljammer was the shitshow, and no because its different (I liked most if the changes) but by the bareness of it.
I think Spelljammer was ok. But was hurt by how short it was. I like the ships, but did not need over half the setting book devoted to them.

Planescape is both longer and has no ships, so the problems are vanishing.

Remove ads

Remove ads