Planescape Planescape to languish in purgatory?

It's possible, in the same sense DC characters are now famous among the new generations thanks the last action-live teleseries, movies and videogames (Green Arrow, Supergirl, Stargirl, Suicide Squad). At least Dragonlance novels could be readen in some public libraries.

My opinion is a teleserie based on Dragonlance (a too long story to be only a movie) will arrive in the next cinematic phase after the future action-live D&D movie. Hasbro wants to discover the secret, the keys, to produce a decent D&D blockbuster, and then when they feel enough ready to dare the risk with more valuable lines.

Other theory is Hasbro would rather to wait the end of the deal with Paramount and then talking with Disney for a coproduction. Disney doesn't need D&D but this may be a good hook to sell its own fantasy lines.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
If there is a Planescape Torment enchaded edition there are possibilities of a sequel, at least because it's a powerful brand, it's very origintal when today there are too many generic fantasy videogames.

And it's maybe the easiest option for a crossover between D&D and Magic: the Gathering.

And it is a setting what allows characters with a look of lots of different urban tribes, not only heavy metal. And celestial planes are good options for a kid-friendly tone.

What?? No. The easiest crossover is is to do exactly what they did. Something they should've done around 20 years ago. Take a popular MTG setting and apply D&D rules to it.

And MTG already has Planeswalkers built right into it. So to cross over to other worlds - be they MTG settings, D&D worlds, etc - you don't have to say a word about Planescape.

Redwizard007

Adventurer
Insulting other members
Yeah they’re talking the crappy system some rabid fanboys think is better than the actual setting that’s popular and well known enough to have been the official 5e setting
You take your mac and cheese to the kids table. The adults like some variety.

Drazen

Demon Prince
Hey, any one knows of Dragonlance settings upon the world of Krynn?
Has it been forgotten by the developers?

...... Have we forgotten it? :cry:

twofalls

DM Beadle
MikalC said:
Yeah they’re talking the crappy system some rabid fanboys think is better than the actual setting that’s popular and well known enough to have been the official 5e setting
You take your mac and cheese to the kids table. The adults like some variety.

Redwizard I didn't really know how to respond to this myself. For the most part the conversation has been congenial, until this crass statement. You did a better job than I could have.

Remove ads