• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player looking for a game near Durham, NC

DonAdam

Explorer
I'll be moving to Durham, NC before the end of the month. I will be around for at least 6 months, though possibly for an extra year after that (doing a post-doc at Duke).

I strongly prefer weekdays, as I am gone many weekends.

My system preference is for 4e, though really I'd be open to nearly anything. I would be hesitant about straight 3.x. Other things I'd love to play are MnM, SWSE, Grimm, Dread, Cthulhu (or Trail), Cortex, or Savage Worlds.

I plan to be at the NC Gameday on January 31. Hopefully I can meet some local ENWorlders there.

Nebulous

Legend
Well, we only game 3-4 hours on Saturday or Sunday during the day, but we play fairly frequently. You can check my sig for our 4e story hour. I'm wrapping up a short home brew now and will be starting Thunderspire Labyrinth in the next month or so.

If i could, i'd love to get a Warhammer game going, that system just looks amazing. I like 4e pretty much, but i've got some qualms with it as well.

DonAdam

Explorer
I'd like to play Thunderspire, and the story hour looks very cool, but as I said weekends are very bad. I can think of 6 that I'll be unavailable at least one day between now and the end of May.

Nebulous

Legend
well, we can leave the offer open. I'm sure you'll find some weekday games, especially if you go to Gameday and meet people. I live fairly close to Duke and game with a couple alumni.

DonAdam

Explorer
Thanks! I just don't want my absences to be disruptive.

If you'd like to email me the details for Thunderspire to see if it would be workable, my address is austrianadam at gmail.

Abe.ebA

First Post
Hey,
I'm also new to the Durham area (currently living in Raleigh and commuting to work in Durham, buying a house in Durham next month) and looking for a game. I can run 4e, 3.x, or potentially other systems (I was running a Delta Green game using the Spycraft system for a while) or play in just about anything.

Also, if anyone's interested in some boardgaming I've got a fairly large collection of strategy, euro, and party games I'd like to find some players for. It's been a few months since my last Arkham Horror fix and I'm itchin' to kill some cultists. A local, multi-player M:tG group would be a pretty awesome find as well.

Abe

Nebulous

Legend
Hey,
I'm also new to the Durham area (currently living in Raleigh and commuting to work in Durham, buying a house in Durham next month) and looking for a game. I can run 4e, 3.x, or potentially other systems (I was running a Delta Green game using the Spycraft system for a while) or play in just about anything.

Also, if anyone's interested in some boardgaming I've got a fairly large collection of strategy, euro, and party games I'd like to find some players for. It's been a few months since my last Arkham Horror fix and I'm itchin' to kill some cultists. A local, multi-player M:tG group would be a pretty awesome find as well.

Abe

I'm a Arkham fan too (i own all the supplements but we haven't even cracked Kingsport yet) but we haven't played in months and months. I typically like to run games from my house, and i'm hoping by this spring or summer to get a Warhammer game going. We try to do something every weekend, which as of the past few months has been just 4e.

DonAdam

Explorer
Hey,

Abe

Awesome. If you're getting a weeknight game started, let me know.

I'd also be up for boardgaming. I've only played Arkham Horror once at Gencon, but it was a blast.

Could we get an Arkham Horror set up for NC Gameday?

Nebulous

Legend
Could we get an Arkham Horror set up for NC Gameday?

Hmm, that's a good idea. I haven't been to gameday in a long time, not since i ran Cthulhu a while back. I might have a family obligation later that day, so it would have to be a morning, midday afternoon game.

Remove ads