D&D 5E Player vs Player Philter of Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Funny is not the first word I would reach for to describe this whole situation. I hope you’re right that the other player is fine with all this.

Li Shenron

Legend
Normally I am not a fan of Player Vs Player but this has been pretty funny to play out and she really had it coming.
Good for you that it worked and you're having fun!

Personally I think your DM has taken a huge risk. I would have NEVER let a dice roll dictate that someone must roleplay a romantic situation. This is a very sensitive matter that may even cause some player to feel harassed. Even if it's just a game of imagination, being told you MUST imagine your character having affection or even physical intimate interaction with another can cause real distress, especially in players who like to particularly identify in their characters. Not to mention the possibility of a player who, unknown to others, might have been the victim of real harassment if not even a violent crime.

Before allowing such situation, I would always rather ask the players involved, as well as others around the table, if they are really ok with it.

Lyxen

Great Old One
Before allowing such situation, I would always rather ask the players involved, as well as others around the table, if they are really ok with it.

Honestly, I see a lot of negative outcry here but have any of you considered that maybe it's covered by their table rules, session 0 or maybe years of playing together ? And in any case, nothing was hidden, the player (who is actually the victim here) knew what was going on and had the opportunity to stop it if he was feeling uncomfortable.

There is another thread about fantasy "evolution", but have you read books like the Sword of Truth where situations are way, way worse ? Is it now forbidden to play games based on this ? Not that I would, personally, but I'm a bit shocked at the reactions here.

Have you started to ban spells like Detect Thoughts, Suggestion, Dominate, or even Command, since these can certainly lead to various forms of rape, including mind rape ?

And finally, I've had tables where characters were scheming against each other and certainly killing each other in addition to robbing each other. Is that kind of rape even worse than murder ? Is everything forbidden nowdays for private games between adult mature players ?

How about a bit of tolerance about other ways of playing, even if it makes you personally uncomfortable ?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Yeah, round here the bit with the love potion would be pretty much just another day at the field office in some parties. Those things have provided some moments of ridiculous hilarity over the years.

What's more unusual to me is that we don't often see characters verbally abusing each other to the extent noted in the OP until-unless they've done something noteworthy (and usually either stupid, highly unwise, or selfish/cowardly) in-game to deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases