Players: Do you wear/carry "props" to the game?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In live-action games, all the time.

In tabletop, not so much. But, there are a few things...

When running Deadlands, my Fate Chip pot is a cowboy hat.

When playing in a campaign tabletop game, I often try to identify some beverage (often some form of tea) that I associate with the character. Not that the character drinks the beverage in-game, but that I drink when playing.

This habit started when I was playing a half-orc fighter/cleric, and I wanted to use a really deep voice for him in game. I found it easier to do if I drank hot tea before and during the session. I had a favorite tea that was a little expensive for me at the time, so I reserved it for game days.

Flatus Maximus

First Post
One of my players has a chain mail dice bag that he made himself.

I played a voodoo priest (Witch) in Pathfinder for a few sessions. When I would cast ear piercing scream, instead of announcing the spell, I would play a YouTube clip of Mike Shank's scream from American Movie. I also frequently played the "Dead Chicken, Arise!" clip from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Aran Thule

First Post
I have an christmas decoration owl which i use as my familiar.
Also brought the a dragon glove puppet for the DM to use for the end of chapter bad guy, was not quite as scary as he intended however. :)

Will Doyle

Explorer
My current group is called the Yellow Banner and some of them have taken to wearing yellow armbands at the table for good luck, or wrapping yellow ribbons around their dice boxes. Our wizard also has an actual book which he fills with his rituals.

As a DM, one of my players brought me a made-to-order t-shirt embroidered with my own cackling face and a burning D20, with the phrase "TOTAL PARTY KILL" underneath. It's awesome.

Jhaelen

First Post
I did in our Earthdawn game: I always brought a piece of my Obsidiman's birth rock (which the character also carried). I used to collect minerals and this was a piece of snowflake obsidian.

Remove ads