• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player's Handbook II (and other May releases)

Snapdragyn

Explorer
My wish for the phbII:

pp.1-12 The Warlock class, in detail (with all bugs worked out and variant Warlock classes).
pp. 13-15 Warlock special use of skills
pp. 16-27 Extra feats, with emphsis on warlock use.
pp. 28-125 Warlock Invokations (old ones cleaned up, and new ones added)
pp. 126-240 Warlock entry prestige classes (list of old ones with prereq's modified, plus new ones)
pp. 241-300 Warlock magic items.
pp. 301 Everything else.

... and they'll retitle it 'Complete Warlock'. ;)

Seriously, I would like to see some new warlock stuff as well, especially 1 or 2 PrCs designed specifically for them. I'm also hoping that Magic of Eberron will include some Artificer PrCs; there's another class with ZERO PrCs to fit its core flavor!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Felon said:
Ah, great news. I want that PHB II to be full of crunchy stuff. The DMG II was a good book and all, but players want stuff to play with. I think the WotC staff know that.
But does the staff know that we DMs may not allow it? Hehehe. :]

farscapesg1

First Post
For the love of all that is holy, please don't let it be a rehash of previously published materials. I bought the "complete" series, so none of that information needs to be gone over again. Miniatures Handbook doesn't have enough info not covered by other books to bother refreshing.

The Player's Handbook II needs to be completely new ideas, similar to the Unearthed Arcana.

Ranger REG

Explorer
farscapesg1 said:
The Player's Handbook II needs to be completely new ideas, similar to the Unearthed Arcana.
And what new ideas could PHB2 have to offer?

And if it's like Unearthed Arcana (the "big book of variant rules"), perhaps it should be retitled Unearthed Arcana II (complete with OGL attached).

JoeGKushner

First Post
Ranger REG said:

And if it's like Unearthed Arcana (the "big book of variant rules"), perhaps it should be retitled Unearthed Arcana II (complete with OGL attached).

Well, when Unearthed Arcana came out, I'm sure many people had the same question. They also had the same question about the DMGII.

I'm hoping for goodness.

farscapesg1

First Post
Ranger REG said:

But if it isn't new ideas, what's the point??? Why keep rehashing the same material over and over. If the classes are already in the "complete" series, which is still pretty new, then there is no reason to re-print them again.

Heck, while we are at it, why don't they just release it as an updated PHB with the current errata and FAQ rulings included. Just re-hash the PHB and the information in it, including the core classes :\

Ranger REG

Explorer
farscapesg1 said:
Heck, while we are at it, why don't they just release it as an updated PHB with the current errata and FAQ rulings included. Just re-hash the PHB and the information in it, including the core classes :\
They did, when they released the leatherbound PHB last year. New standard PHB have the same phrase: "First Printing: July 2003, Special Edition October 2004."

Remove ads