• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Playing the Game vs. Reading the Rules of the Game

How often have yoy playested 5e, and what do you think of 5e

• Poll closed .

Wulfgar76

First Post
Played DDN(5e) several times and have decided it's the edition for me.

Beyond anything else the pace of play is refreshingly brisk. We just get so much more done in a session than the past two editions. It has delivered what I was looking for and I'll be sticking with it.

landovers

First Post
I played the first and the last playtest packets. I skimmed through every other packet. I'm closer to the "not for me" camp, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's still salvageable for me.

The first playtest packet was jarring. The monsters and the classes were extremely boring. It didn't feel like any of the fun I was having was being supported by the ruleset; it was holding me back. The packet reflected Mearls' early design articles, all of which I strongly disagreed with.

The last playtest looks a bit better. Some rules and design decisions are still clunky and are still going on the wrong direction for me, and the math doesn't feel tight. But I'll be willing to try something different from what I know I'd like, if it is good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads