D&D 5E Playing within a LARGE party in 5th edition, help me make my character fun and fitting

ECMO3

Hero

I forgoed two Ability Score increases for Feats with the Chef Feat(+1 con and she's a mom) from tasha and Mage slayer (During downtime an invasion of wizards happened)

Ok, the only only multiclasses you can't be are wizard and artificer I think.

For multiclass options I would look at Sorcerer and Rogue. Fighter mixes well with barbarian, but you have plenty of them.

Sorcerer is a tricky combination with a Barbarian because you can't cast spells or concentrate in rage. Thematically though a wild magic sorcerer combining with wild magic barbarian and it is an easy lift as to how you suddenly acquired these powers. Tides of Chaos would be really helpful to any character. As far as spells I would lean towards utility spells and things you can cast on turn 1 before going into rage. Mirror Image would be awesome with this build - Mirror Image and rage on the first turn and since it is not concentration it sticks. Others I would consider are charm person, disguise self, levitate, feather fall, jump, grease, silent image, mind whip, invisibility, detect magic. Shield is always useful and could be used in those non-raging fights but since you can't use it raging there are probably better options.

Thematically one day you woke and you had gained a connectection to your innate magic that had always been there.

Rogue works well with Barbarian, grab a Rapier and with Reckless attack you can have advantage for SA every turn. Normally I would go with Scout or Swashbuckler on a Barbarian multiclass build, in this case though I think Arcane Trickster would be better. AT would give access to arcane spells that are lacking in your party, I would use the sorcerer spells above as a guideline, probably one of disguise self or silent image and then maybe identify as your non-enchantment/illusion. Again you could make this into something you learned to do watching your ally and then at 3rd level your inate magic started to kick in.

Doodledodo

Villager
Ok, the only only multiclasses you can't be are wizard and artificer I think.

For multiclass options I would look at Sorcerer and Rogue. Fighter mixes well with barbarian, but you have plenty of them.

Sorcerer is a tricky combination with a Barbarian because you can't cast spells or concentrate in rage. Thematically though a wild magic sorcerer combining with wild magic barbarian and it is an easy lift as to how you suddenly acquired these powers. Tides of Chaos would be really helpful to any character. As far as spells I would lean towards utility spells and things you can cast on turn 1 before going into rage. Mirror Image would be awesome with this build - Mirror Image and rage on the first turn and since it is not concentration it sticks. Others I would consider are charm person, disguise self, levitate, feather fall, jump, grease, silent image, mind whip, invisibility, detect magic. Shield is always useful and could be used in those non-raging fights but since you can't use it raging there are probably better options.

Thematically one day you woke and you had gained a connectection to your innate magic that had always been there.

Rogue works well with Barbarian, grab a Rapier and with Reckless attack you can have advantage for SA every turn. Normally I would go with Scout or Swashbuckler on a Barbarian multiclass build, in this case though I think Arcane Trickster would be better. AT would give access to arcane spells that are lacking in your party, I would use the sorcerer spells above as a guideline, probably one of disguise self or silent image and then maybe identify as your non-enchantment/illusion. Again you could make this into something you learned to do watching your ally and then at 3rd level your inate magic started to kick in.
I strive to fill more thematic purposes first before considering a multiclass and i don't think a rogue fills any theme nor does it make sense to latch onto her at all;

Wild Magic or even Divine Soul sorcerer (Family of Worshippers who also housed a legendary hero of a deity) would work as since that can be played into a more utilitarian and supportive role, as i was eyeing a bard to look into, a druid (other than Moon), or even a paladin (Couldn't figure out an oath)

On the other hand a rogue requires Finesse but my main weapon is a vorpal Double Bladed Scimitar so since ive been using it early into the campaign i figured it was not wise to use with a rogue, plus she doesn't feel like the swift and nimble type enough to be a rogue.

Remove ads