Playtesting: IG's 'The Making of Heroes'

Legildur

First Post
The dwarf grunts. "Orcs! Good." He then prepares to assault the camp, moving with Thogrim to a mutually chosen place of advantage and waits for a signal.

WarShrike

First Post
"I take it this time when i roar my battlecry and charge, you won't be asking me to hold?" says Thogrim, somewhat irritably before ploding over to his designated position.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aramil watches the woman, observing her posture and body language. Every so often he switches his gaze to the orcs, making a mental note of the numbers.

Legildur

First Post
WarShrike said:
"I take it this time when i roar my battlecry and charge, you won't be asking me to hold?" says Thogrim, somewhat irritably before ploding over to his designated position.
The dwarf laughs quietly through his beard. "Not this time!" exclaims Dowkan.

industrygothica

Adventurer
There are four orcs, each taking their turn grabbing and pinching at the scared girl. She looks as if she may have been bruised, but it's hard to tell in the fading light.

Aramil winces as he snaps the thick branch under his foot. The orcs take notice, but the elf quickly ducks out of the way.

[sblock=ooc]You should still be set for a surprise round whenever you're ready.

On an off note, I posted this message yesterday afternoon, but must've not been paying attention and not saved it before I closed the window. Seems that's not the first time I've done that lately. In any case, sorry about that. ;)[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Irathias Miraviel, elven rogue, HP 7/7, AC 14

Irathias scowls silently from behind his cover, annoyed that Aramil is getting distracted or impatient. He bides his time, waiting....

When he sees or hears Dowkan or Thogrim approaching the camp, Irathias springs into action. He dashes out from behind cover, nocks an arrow, and looses it towards the nearest orc!

With a twang, the arrow flies true and buries itself in the orc's back! "Die, beast!" the elf cries.

[sblock=ooc]Huzzah! InvisibleCastle likes me today!
An 18 on the attack roll, for a total of 20, and 12 damage from the shortbow sneak attack!
Sneak attack with shortbow against the nearest flat-footed orc (1d20+2=20, 2d6=12)
[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
The dwarf is himself caught by surprise at the suddenness of Irathias' attack. Grunting, Dowkan launches into the attack with waraxe held high.[sblock=ooc]I'm happy for the DM to make all the rolls on my behalf.[/sblock]

WarShrike

First Post
"HEIRRRRROOONNNEEEEOUUUSSSSS!!!!" roars Thogrim, delighted at not being interrupted this time and charges an Orc.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Watch it Ark, Only and myself have already earned a glare from IG's "Evil Eye" for making our own rolls. :)[/SBLOCK]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Combat Post - Encounter #2: The Orc Camp

Surprise Round

The girl stands in shock as the four orcs seem to drop in unison around her. Suddenly her captives lay at her feet, all gasping for a final breath as four new men take their places.

[sblock=Details]
16 Irathias 7/7: Sneak attacks w/ shortbow (12 damage)
9 Thogrim 10/10: Charges the nearest orc (15+5+2=hit, 11 damage)
8 Aramil 8/8: Fires at the orc closest to the woman (16+5=hit, 8 damage)
6 Dowkan 13/13: Charges last orc (6+5+2=hit, 12 damage)

I am so putting more orcs in this encounter next time.[/sblock]

Remove ads