Please Help Me With Cleric Spell Choice

Nail

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
Well luck was a great domain until the DM nerfed it by disallowing Miracle and the reroll :(
That's......

....hmmmm.....how do I say this without getting booted off the boards?

Never mind. You can guess what I'm thinking about your DM. :]

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Nail said:
That's......

....hmmmm.....how do I say this without getting booted off the boards?

Never mind. You can guess what I'm thinking about your DM. :]

Thank you i thought the same thing cause i had Spellstaffed the spell Changestaff and Time Stop into 2 different quarterstaffs. Think how i felt. So War, Time, Travel, and ...I was thinking something that was not Sun, Healing, Strength, or Good. Why you ask? I want my character that worships Pelor to not really want anything to do with his portfolio or his church. Traveling wiseman who happens to worship Pelor.

Imruphel

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
(snip) Wis 16 (snip)

Do you have an item to boost your Wis? If not, you are limited to casting 6th level spells... meaning cross those 7th, 8th and 9th level spells off your list. ;)

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I have 0 spellstaves :( no miricale to make them with

I can cast 9th level spells as I have a 20 normally and a 26 with my Peript of Wisdom. The Wis 16 was before level stat boosts.

I hate looking for domains! :]

Nail

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
I have 0 spellstaves :( no miricale to make them with :]
So...he's removed the spell Miracle from the game? :confused: Or has he just said: "no mimicing other spells for no XP cost"?

Wish

First Post
A lot of what's best is situational. You need to know your companions, and their play styles. That's going to be tough with a brand-new 17th level character. You don't know what buffs and defenses they need. But, as it happens, I've got a 17th level cleric I'm playing currently. Here's a modified version of his base spell list (modified because you don't have the same feats and probably don't have a mono-religious party).

1st: remove fear, resurgence x3, hide from undead, sanctuary, divine favor, (domain spell)
2nd: divine insight, close wounds, silence, remove paralysis, lesser restoration x2
3rd: invisibility purge, mass resist energy (x2), mass align weapon, downdraft, dispel magic, (domain spell)
4th: delay death x2, deathward, freedom of movement, revenance, restoration, (domain spell)
5th: flame strike x2, revivify, assay resistance (4th level), freedom of movement (4th level), (domain spell)
6th: greater dispel magic, heroes' feast, blade barrier, heal, (domain spell)
7th: righteous smite (x2) , mass restoration, holy word, (domain spell)
8th: holy arua, chain dispelling, mass death ward, (domain spell)
9th: gate, (domain spell)

Remove ads