Please recommend threads to Archive

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
(This should properly be in Meta, and I will move it there in a few days after people have had a chance to post.)

This evening, I archived a great thread started by Sepulcrave about D&D demographics. Afterward, I noticed that we haven't archived any threads in quite a while. And I figured, why not add some newer threads? There have to be a few worth referencing for years to come.

If you're not familiar, we tend to archive threads that are "too good to lose." In other words, it's either a topic that's full of great thoughts, ideas and info, or historically interesting (like all of Gary Gygax's threads). The downside is that once it's in Archive, it can't be posted to, so it needs to be a topic that's come to a pretty clear conclusion and wouldn't be worth adding on to in the thread itself. (Of course, you could always start a new thread on the topic if you like, but that's beside the point.)

So, if you know of a thread that you'd like to nominate for archiving, please link to it in this thread! Knowing that it's a holiday weekend here in the USA, I'll leave this in General until the end of the week, when I'll move it to Meta and we'll start looking at the threads you've nominated.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. We wouldn't be where we are if it weren't for you, so take a moment to shine the spotlight where you think it's deserved!

fba827

Adventurer
I would recommend

http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-4th-edition-rules/229092-lots-statistics-monster-manual.html

(someone took the 4e MM1 and broke down the stats for trends/etc.)

BUT I figure that several people have that thread bookmarked at it's current location (I've seen one or two people mention as much in other threads, as might be partially evidenced by the number of linkbacks it has). So I don't know if archiving it will break people's bookmarks.

i might have other suggestions that i'll suggest later, but that is the first one off the top of my head without digging through my subscribed list ...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you're not familiar, we tend to archive threads that are "too good to lose." In other words, it's either a topic that's full of great thoughts, ideas and info, or historically interesting (like all of Gary Gygax's threads). The downside is that once it's in Archive, it can't be posted to, so it needs to be a topic that's come to a pretty clear conclusion and wouldn't be worth adding on to in the thread itself.

Ach! I'd love for my favorite thread (in my sig) to be archived so that it can't be lost...but I'm not so sure I'd want it locked like that.

Remove ads