• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pneumatik's WotBS 1 - The Scouring of Gate Pass

Rhun

First Post
"I could use some rest to recover, yes," says Hollister, nodding. "Is it staff to stay another day in the city, though?"

concerro

Explorer
Plavin says, "That is the question I was going to ask and as much as I hate to admit I am out of ideas, so whatever you decide is fine with me."

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Once you leave the depository grounds, the streets are mostly empty. Fear may have overcome panic in Gate Pass, or perhaps everyone's just too tired to be outside. You can see multiple buildings charred from fire but no longer burning. The city is almost silent. You hear no more explosions from the Scourges firebombs or the sounds of combat from the western gate. If anything, it's even colder than last time you were outside. You can't see any light yet, but it feels like dawn can't be far off.

Torrent looks around. "For whatever reason, the Scourge seems to have stopped at the gates. I would guess that if we keep our heads down, we'll be okay. Gate Pass is full of people, and it's not like they should have a reason for coming after us specifically. We'll sleep in the temple basement until we're ready to go again and then try to blend in with whoever's on the streets during the day."

[sblock=What's going on?]Skill checks to better understand what's happening:
Knowledge Local Gate Pass
Knowledge Local Ragesia
History[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Hollister pulls his cloak tight around him. "It seems the attack has been repelled for the nonce. Perhaps we should get some rest."

Knowledge: Local +5

I don't know how, but I missed picking up Knowledge: History...guess that is one for when we level up!

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel, Elven Crusader

Liiros seems distracted for a while, following but saying little, as he considers what's going on. What did elves have to do with this? Miserable traitors. They're quite possibly putting Shahalesti at greater, or at least earlier, risk!

Eventually, though grudgingly, he replies "I suppose I too could use a brief rest from running around town, up and down flights of stairs, in this heavy armor..... But we shan't linger in Gate Pass for long! A brief respite, then we head for Gabal's Academy and seek out the miserable thieves, retrieve the case, and make haste out of Gate Pass to complete our mission."

The elf sighs and follows the others to the temple. It occurs to him that they're going to take refuge beneath a temple to the human god of thieves, and the irony is bitter to him.

renau1g

First Post
"Yes, let's grab a few moments of rest before continuing on. No point in giving our foes any additional advantage." Korrin agrees

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Torrent leads you a few blocks through the city to the Temple of Olidamarra. While generally referred to by adventurers as the goddess of thieves, Olidamarra is also responsible for revelry (of the drunken sort), gambling (for fun, not winning) and other, less socially-acceptable ways to have fun by spending money. It's not the first faith people would think of when seeking sanctuary.

The small temple is mostly empty. Most of its priests had been out in the city looking to help keep revelers safe. With the attack, who knows what happened to them. Torrent speaks privately with Sindrik, the senior priest currently in the temple, when you arrive. Sindrik then leads you to stairs down hidden in a storage room. The stairs lead to a small room stocked with water, some food, first aid supplies, and cots. Torrent and Badgerface head straight to bed.

Rhun

First Post
After eating lightly of the provided food, Hollister also quickly settles down to bed. He assumed his companions would post a guard, but wasn't too worried about it. Adar would keep his eyes open; indeed, although the ferret curled up next to its master, its eyes never seemed to be completely closed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads