pneumatik's WotBS 1 - The Scouring of Gate Pass

Rhun

First Post
Hollister stands, and allows flames to crackle around his hand. "If Shealis likes fire, I have plenty in store for her." He turns to look at Lliros and Korrin. "Most wizards are completely vulnerable to melee and grappling attacks. I advise closing on her quickly, and pinning her if possible.

[sblock=Spells]
Spells per Day
- Level 0: 4+1
- Level 1: 3+1
- Level 2: 1 (must succeed on DC8 caster level check)

Spells Prepared
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light x2 + Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Grease + Burning Hands
- Level 2: Flaming Sphere

- Fiery Blast
[sblock=Fiery Burst]
2nd level fire spell ready: Fiery Burst has a 5' radius, range of 30', and causes 2d6 damage. Reflex save vrs DC 15 for 1/2 damage.
[/sblock][/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"I think we're almost set," Torrent says. "Who wants to kick in the door to her room?"

"Actually," Diogenes says, "I have a scroll of knock I'd be willing to donate to the cause. It has a decent range so I can cast it from somewhere out of your way and then come up and support if necessary."

"Sounds good to me," Torrent says. "Let's get into position."

OOC: New map attached, this time with grid numbers and letters. Everyone tell me your position on the map at the start of the attack. The first round of combat will be a surprise round and start when Diogenes casts knock. Since you'll all have surprise and the enemy(s) won't you can go in whatever order you want. Roll initiative with your surprise round action so that we know who goes before the enemy(s) in the first normal round of combat.

Also, remember that initiative only really matters in the first round of combat. After the surprise round everyone with a higher init than the enemy(s) will go, then the enemy(s), then EVERY PC, then the enemy(s), then every PC, etc.

Attachments

• Gabal's school - dorm map - master.JPG
    Gabal's school - dorm map - master.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
As they are leaving the kitchen, Hollister casts his mage armor spell, cloaking himself in a protective field of force. He signals for Lliros and Korrin to proceed into the chamber, readying his spells and mind for the coming combat.

Hollister's actions are going to be based on what's behind the closed door. So, Diogenes casts knock, and Lliros and Korrin burst through the door, and which time Hollister will move into the doorway to throw a spell...

AC: 16, HP: 11

Mage Armor in effect, duration 2 hours

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
- Level 2: Flaming Sphere[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
"Hmm.....very well. I will take the lead and attempt to pin down Shaelis. If there is anyone else in there at the time, Korrin, try to pin them down as well or just strike them down if you prefer. Otherwise help me keep Shaelis from casting. As long as you don't hurl any especially-potent flames in there, Hollister, don't worry about singeing me. I'll let you know if I need you to stop. Corellon's grace will tend my burns if necessary.....and perhaps Torrent's magic if it even becomes necessary." Liiros says.

The elf sheathes his sword for now. If necessary, he will use his gauntleted fists in the fight, or bash with his shield. He walks slowly into position when the others are ready to follow.

Once the door pops open, Liiros will rush in and try to grab hold of Shaelis' hands and prevent her from casting. When he does barge in, he says in Elven "Surrender in Corellon's holy name and you will survive this day!"

[sblock=ooc]Starting at M-4, right in front of the door, before rushing in to grapple Shaela (or the male elf if he's the only one there). Entering Martial Spirit stance beforehand.

Initiative 19 1d20+1=19
Melee touch 11 and Grapple 9 1d20+4=11, 1d20+4=9
Darnit, shoulda rolled 'em all at once and they might've all been high. :( Stupid InvisibleCastle hates me.....

Liiros Tivaniel, Male Elven Crusader 2
HP 18 / 18, Nonlethal 0, AC 19
Active Stance: Martial Spirit
Ready Maneuvers: Charging Minotaur, Crusader's Strike, Leading the Attack, Stone Bones, and Vanguard Strike.
Granted Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike, Leading the Attack, and Vanguard Strike.
1d5=3, 1d5=5, 1d5=5, 1d5=2, 1d5=3, 1d5=1, 1d5=1, 1d5=1, 1d5=4 [/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Korrin is content to allow Liiros to enter first as there's no chance for surprise, so he shifts his footwork and prepares for the fiery counterattack. Korrin will be ready to help the elf in his grab of the wizardess.

[sblock=OOC]
Shift stance to Flame's Blessing

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Hollister steps into the doorway, and prepares to blast the enemy with flame if she doesn't immediately stand down.

Based on Lliros' and Korrin's actions. Step into doorway, ready action to use Flaming Burst on her if she attempts any hostile action. This means if she starts to cast, she'll take damage and have to make a concentration check to continue her spellcasting.

AC: 16, HP: 11

Mage Armor in effect, duration 2 hours

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
- Level 2: Flaming Sphere[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Right before the party leaves the kitchen, Torrent holds up her holy symbol of Osprem and says, "Like a ship in stormy waters, Osprem protect us in the coming fight." [Everyone is Blessed] Putting her hand on Liiros' shoulder, she says, "Osprem especially guide your hand, Liiros." [Liiros is now Guidanced]

The party takes up positions outside the door to Shealis' room. Diogenes draws his scroll and glances at the party. Nodding, he casts. With an audible *knock* the door flies open into the room, hitting the wall with a *thunk*. Inside are two elves, one male and one female.

The female you assume is Shealis. This blond elf woman’s blue eyes fl icker like shining sapphires, and her pale skin glows like snow. She wears concealing red robes, but the metallic gleam of chainmail peeks out from her collar. Her gloves shine like silver. The male is probably the elf from the fight in the depository tower. Without his disguise, this elf is short and wiry, his blond hair and pale skin mostly hidden by black clothing. A small pouch slung over his shoulder has slots for scroll cases and potion vials, and a rapier sits sheathed at his hip.

Shealis is sitting in the room's only chair (in N2). It's in front of the desk but is turned around to face the bed, where the male elf is sitting (in M2).

Liiros charges at Shealis. He grabs at her but she manages to squirm out of his grasp.

Korrin runs in right after Lirros. He grabs Shealis' wrists and pushes her down into her chair [successful touch and grapple].

Torrent runs into the room and off to the side, battleaxe ready.

Hollister stands in doorway, holding flames in his hand. "You heard the elf. Nobody move."

OOC:
The situation: The male else is sitting on the edge of the bed, untouched. Shealis and Korrin are grappling on top of a chair between the desk and the bed. Liiros is in the room. Hollister is in the hallway.

Map is attached. The KS space is where Korrin and Shealis are grappling. L=Liiros. T=Torrent. D=Diogenes. H=Hollister. M=male elf. Yellow ball of light = a mistake.

Enemy Init is 7. Everyone who beat that (at least Liiros) will get a full-round action now before the enemies can go.

Attachments

• fight - start round 1.JPG
    fight - start round 1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I thought Hollister destroyed the ball of light in the tower?

Hollister's fireball explodes around the ball of light, but when the flames dissipate the ball remains. It returns fire with another ray of light, but Hollister dodges while he moves up the ramp. Hollister shoots another fiery burst, and this time he destroys the ball of light.

Remove ads