Poll: Best superhero flick?

What is the best superhero flick of all time?

• Batman Begins

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Incredibles

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Spiderman

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • X Men

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Spiderman 2

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • X Men 2

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Superman

Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Batman

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Unbreakable

Votes: 7 4.0%

Klaus

First Post
Batman Begins.

While I loved the Burton Batman when it came out (ahh, to be 13 again), I never quite liked Nicholson as the Joker (what do you mean, we now know his real identity???) or Keaton (short balding man puckering up?) as Batman. Plus Gordon was a complete joke.

After that, I'd say Superman I & II, mostly because Chistopher Reeve embodied the character in a supernatural level that is borderline eerie.

After that it's X1 and X2 tied with Spidey 1 & 2.

Oddly as it sounds, I didn't find the Incredibles to be interesting to me.

Krieg

First Post
In order:

Unbreakable
The Incredibles
Superman
Batman Begins

Spidey 1 & 2 + X1 & 2 are right there too

Personally I find it mind boggling that some don't consider Unbreakable a superhero movie. By what definition exactly would it be excluded? Personally I feel it's arguably the "truest" superhero story to make the big screen. If you found out you were different how would you react?

Last edited:

Top fave would have to be Superman. Christopher Reeve did such an excellent job in the dual role of Clark/Supes, even making the lamest disguise in all of comicdom not only seem plausible, but workable. Gene Hackman was fun as Luthor, and had some of the best one-liners in the film. Gonna be hard to go see Superman Returns with someone other than Chris Reeve in the blue tights.

Close second would have to be a four-way toss-up between Batman Begins (or as some of my friends call it "Batman Done Right"), The Incredibles, and both Spider-Man movies.

Rykion

Explorer
I voted X2, but I really liked all the movies on the list except Burton's Batman. Now if it were the 1960's Batman movie it might have a chance. ;)

Trickstergod

First Post
Batman Begins, with X-2 coming in at a decent second.

Much as I enjoy the Incredibles, I've never been able to quite reconcile it as in the same league as other super-hero movies, much in the same way I wouldn't put Shrek side by side with the Lord of the Rings.

Also, while I enjoy the Spider-Man movies, I find them just a tad too cartoony for my tastes. Same thing with Unbreakable, but in reverse.

Many of the other choices, while good for their time, are sadly dated.

Remove ads