POLL: NEW MESSAGE BOARD for PrCs & Alt. Core Classes?

Should there be a separate board for homebrewed PrC and variant core Classes?

• Yes, it would be a great idea idea. You're a genius!

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No, things are perfect the way they are, you moron.

Votes: 26 54.2%

Dagredhel

Explorer
Hi everyone. I recently sent along an email to one of this board's moderators. Below is the body of the message:

"I've noticed that PrCs don't get all that much attention on the House Rules board, and quickly end up getting lost in the shuffle. Having come across a few posts that are equal if not superior both conceptually and in execution to the official WOTC PrCs, I'm hoping that something can be done to remedy this situation. Is there any chance that a separate Class (or even specifically Prestige Class) board could be set up? I for one think it would
be a worthy endeavor, and wouldn't mind lending a hand."

The moderator was kind enough to pass along my question to Morrus, whose response was to suggest I post a poll to determine if there was enough interest to make it worthwhile.

So, what do you think?

Crothian

First Post
I'm one of the ones who tries to comment on many of the classes. I don't comment on the classes I'm not interested in. I don't think we need a new forum just for these creations. THis forum doesn't get enough use as it is, no need dividing that even farther. It'd be different if there was a lot of content that buried the class posts. However, that isn't the case. I think many people don't care about other people's homebrew stuff. That's obviously not me and that is just my opinion.

wolfpunk

First Post
Have to agree with Crothian. No reason to split up the readership into another forum. This forum works well for what is needed, and I find my posts get plenty fo feedback from the people whose opinions I think matter.

EOL

First Post
If you find that your PrC's are quickly getting pushed off the first page without any comments, then I don't think anyone would mind if you bumped them once or twice. But I can only keep up with a handful of forums as is, so adding another one would probably mean I would miss more stuff rather than less.

Dagredhel

Explorer
EOL said:
If you find that your PrC's are quickly getting pushed off the first page without any comments, then I don't think anyone would mind if you bumped them once or twice. But I can only keep up with a handful of forums as is, so adding another one would probably mean I would miss more stuff rather than less.

To clarify, its not MY PrCs that I think are getting too little attention. It was seeing interesting, innovative ideas for PrCs and variant core classes (OTHER than alt.rangers, of course,) that OTHER members had posted seemingly receive very little attention that urged me to suggest a separate board. There have been a couple that I have given a friendly nudge to keep them from getting buried. I was hoping that a separate board might draw the attention of members with a specific interest in this particular aspect of the game, the kind who would look at it preferentially.

Anyways, it looks like the concensus so far is that I'm a moron. I guess my girlfriend IS right.

nsruf

First Post
I don't think splitting the house rules forum is a good idea. But I wouldn't have called you a moron for suggesting it, had you not designed the poll that way;)

Steven McRownt

First Post
I have to say that i prefer the things that way. I am one that read and comments alt. core classes or PrC, but i do that because there are in this thread. If i have to check another board just for it, i will probably ignore it....

Steven McRownt

Dagredhel

Explorer
Well, in the first few days of polling, it seemed like the overwhelming opinion was that I was a moron. But the idea seems now to be gaining some support.

Oh, and by the way: *BUMP*

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Hey Dag!

Just got your email now and I had to track down the thread.

Did you still want the changed descriptors for the choices? The first one sounds pretty much like what you emailed me, just worded differently, or did you find a way to change it yourself?

Remove ads