D&D (2024) Poll on DDB about additional material for sale

Osgood

Adventurer
I got the survey yesterday. I thought there were some interesting ideas in there. Some obviously appeal to me more than others (adventures, bestiary), but I didn't really hate any of the ideas.

Commenting on pricing is really tough, because it's hard to say without actually seeing what they are offering. I was asked if I would pay $7 for an adventure and $12 for rules content. I think both are reasonable, but that's based on my expectation of what would be included. $7 for an adventure that takes up 2 or 3 sessions is fair (as long as it doesn't suck), but if it's only one night worth of play, probably not. I'd pay $12 for rule content that might fill a 40-50 page book, assuming it's content that's be useful to my campaign and not say detailed rules of loom use, but if we are taking a buck a page, it would have to be some phenomenal content.

One thing I added as a comment that I would like to see, is some sort of campaign compendium, with details setting information on the existing campaign settings, ideally with wiki-style entries that a DM can customize for their campaigns. A google maps tyle world maps that you can zoom into down to the city level would be a must as well. For that, I'll pay an extra monthly fee, per setting (though for me that'd likely only be Eberron, with the occasional Faerun campaign).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Gah! Send me the poll! Do choose your own adventure solo adventures! For all the folks who sneer "that's not real roleplaying," there are tons of folks who'd love playing this way, which the encounter building software can do a great job of automatic. They could even hire celebrity DMs to read out the pre-written segments.
this is a great idea that I wish I'd thought of during the poll!

Remove ads