D&D 5E Poll: What adventures would you want officially updated for 5E

What modules would you want officially adapted to 5E?

• A Paladin in Hell

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • A1-A4: Scourge of the Slave Lords

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • Age of Worms

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • X2: Castle Amber

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • D1-D3: Descent into the Depths of the Earth

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • I3-I5: Desert of Desolation

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Gorgoldand's Gauntlet

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • B5: Horror on the Hill

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • X1: The Isle of Dread

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • B2: The Keep on the Borderlands

• Keep on the Shadowfell

• Kill Bargle

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Kingdom of the Ghouls

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • L1-L3: The Secret of Bone Hill, the Assassin's Knot, Deep Dwarven Delve

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Labyrinth of Madness

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Night Below

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • Q1: Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Rahasia

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Red Hand of Doom

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • Shackled City

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • The Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WG4: The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • I10: The House on Gryphon Hill

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • S4: The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • The Shattered Circle

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • UK2-UK3: The Sentinel, The Gauntlet

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Savage Tides

Votes: 8 7.3%

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
For reference, I collected several responses from this thread into the poll here. I didn't include every suggestion made on that thread (there were a lot), but I did do my best to collect all the modules that I saw were recommended at least twice.

I can expand the poll if I see more popular suggestions in the comments, however the results will likely skew towards modules who are initially on the list, so this poll is obviously not very scientific. Just a fun exercise!

I'm giving everyone 5 votes as well, as obviously WotC can adapt many modules to 5E, not just one! Also, some modules are collected as a single response (Slavers for example) as they really belong together and shouldn't be split up. Also, I am aware that some of these are already adapted by Goodman Games; this is not a critique of their work.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I would be very surprised to see WotC either A) step on the licensing deal they have with Goodman Games by remaking any of the OAR modules (if you want them to be on Roll20, as was said on the other thread, lean on WotC, who have a no-digital clause in their license with Goodman) or B) remake any of the Paizo-written Adventure paths, which would practically be an advertisement for their company. ("Hey, this was a great adventure path, wasn't it? Please don't look to see if they've done any adventure paths since.")

I would bet money on a Ghosts of Saltmarsh treatment for Slavers and Desert of Desolation, though. And I would definitely be interested in a Red Hand of Doom remake, especially if it was part of a Nentir Vale gazetteer.

oreofox

Explorer
I don't see them updating the Paizo adventures, because there's probably a legal headache there (probably why Paizo themselves haven't done the same). Personally, I would love to see Rahasia updated. Having run that back in 2019, some things didn't translate well, and I couldn't come up with anything at the time to replicate it. Basic and 5e are rather different (elves being both race and class, gargoyles being much much less frightening than their Basic counterparts, some monsters not even existing). The story itself doesn't need much changing, just some of the mechanics. Even the Classic Modules Today version didn't really help much.

Remove ads