D&D General Poll: What module do you want to see Goodman Games tackle next for Original Adventures Reincarnated?

What module do you want to see Goodman Games tackle next for Original Adventures Reincarnated?

• Against the Cult of the Reptile God

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Beyond the Crystal Caves

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Desert of Desolation

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Dragons of Despair/Dragonlance Series

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Dwellers of the Forbidden City

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Queen of Spiders/Vault of the Drow/Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • Test of the Warlords

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The Slavers

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Desert Nomads Series

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Palace of the Silver Princess

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • The Secret of Bonehill

Votes: 3 2.3%

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I’ve never understood why Busting a Slave ring would be too sensitive a subject - Game of Thrones had a big Slavers arc, and human trafficker is a common theme in lots of movies - you’d think something that takes the stance that Slavery is Evil that Heroes must destroy would be fine
I don't think fighting slavers in an adventure is the issue, it wasn't back when the adventure was first released or when I ran it in the the 80's.
I think the concern comes in with certain parts of the gaming community taking issue with the statement that SLAVERY IS EVIL and openly arguing against that point.

Just to reiterate: Slavery is really only a sensitive subject when edgelords start arguing that Slavery "isn't that bad" or "historically a lot of societies had slaves".

It's NOT a sensitive subject when like-minded people/gamers look at the institution of slavery and slavers (at least in game), pick up their weapons and fire up their evocation spells and go: "yeah...NAH."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I don't think fighting slavers in an adventure is the issue, it wasn't back when the adventure was first released or when I ran it in the the 80's.
I think the concern comes in with certain parts of the gaming community taking issue with the statement that SLAVERY IS EVIL and openly arguing against that point.

Just to reiterate: Slavery is really only a sensitive subject when edgelords start arguing that Slavery "isn't that bad" or "historically a lot of societies had slaves".

It's NOT a sensitive subject when like-minded people/gamers look at the institution of slavery and slavers (at least in game), pick up their weapons and fire up their evocation spells and go: "yeah...NAH."
Ae, I forgot about those people - for a moment I forgot we live in the age of ubiquitous social media and too many edgy opinions

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
D1, D2, or Q1 are an easy choice. So obviously we can not choose them. Lost Cavern of Tsojcanth is a great module that would benefit from the in-depth treatment Goodman Games gives. The Slaver series is problematic not for the Slavery, but because there is an omnibus edition already out by WotC without the 5E update. Also, there are four modules in the series and that is way to many pages for a single book, so really it is one of the A series, not all 4.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases