PoPP - Leaf (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aerys looks at the Goliath for a long moment, then takes a deep breath and speaks. "I . . . have a reliance on spirits. On strong drink. I crave it, and when I can't get it I shake, I puke, I see things that aren't there, I get headaches. It's been two days now, and I'm really starting to feel it."

As far as Leaf can tell, she's being completely truthful.

This is not exactly a common malady among Leaf's folk, but he has heard of it. Time will take care of most of the problem, though Aerys will get worse before she gets better. She may hallucinate, and it's possible (but highly unlikely) she'll die from the withdrawal. It will come and go - there'll be times when she's feeling almost normal mixed with times she'll be almost completely incapacitated. It will likely last between 3 and 10 more days.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Hmmm... you will likely survive this but from what little I know it will not be an easy week for you. I am sorry the best I can do for something like this is see you are comfortable through the worst of it. And it will get worst before it gets better, again I am sorry. Had you the plague I might be more help, Haha!" he adds with a big grin and light laugh.

Leaf looks to the group still smiling and then turns to the poor woman his expression going back to concern. "The question is how do we convince the others you don't have the plague and will get better. You will just need some time."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Some of the woman's haughtiness returns, though she appears grateful as well.

"Is your word as a priest not enough? Simply inform them that you've examined me and are convinced that I am not contagious, that my malady is a private matter." She looks troubled as she pauses for a moment, then continues. "I do regret the trouble this will make for them, though."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Milady you act as if these people trust me as their owner pastor, but that is not the case at all. It will take time to gain enough of their trust that they will take me at my word." He looks at the young woman and with determination continues.

"Put yourself in their place a moment. What if one of them had a malady that looked to be catching and all you had to go on was my word that it wasn't. Would you believe me? Trust me? In these circumstances probably not." Then Leaf's face becomes one of enlightenment as he gets an idea.

"Well you are right you are not going to give this to anyone and I will let them know that firmly and often, no matter how worse it becomes. But if you would allow I think helping you may be good for the group as a whole. It will give them something to keep their minds off their own troubles and after the worse of your symptoms passes and you start to get better they will take small pride in being one of the ones to help you recover."

Once more he looks back at the group and smiles, "I think that your malady is in fact a blessing Aerys and I hope you will see this, and use it to help everyone. But if you still wish to keep this to yourself than I will help as I can and let no one know what ails you. But think on it won't you."

Without waiting for a responds Leaf returns to the group leaving the woman alone with her own thoughts.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
To Sleep, Perchance to Dream . . .

Leaf's sleep the second night on the Shiv is disturbed by strange dreams. You tosses and turns through the night, but when you wake you can recall only one dream:

You’re sitting down in the galley aboard the Jenivere, getting ready for your meal. The ship’s cook has given you a steaming bowl of soup, but you drop your spoon. You see that the deck below is covered with seawater up to your ankles, and your dropped spoon has sunk into the water and washed out to sea through a hole. You’re forced to lift your delicious bowl of soup to your lips and drink. But something big goes into your mouth as you do so, and you feel a sharp bite on your tongue. You drop the bowl, only to reveal a serpent had hidden in your soup that now dangles from your tongue as it chews furiously. You start awake, biting your own tongue in an attempt to bite through the snake’s body.

Due to the lack of restful sleep, Leaf will be Fatigued through the third day on the Shiv.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
During Leaf's watch he will spend less time talking and more watching out for Ish. Figure maybe we could hear him if he is tramping through the jungle.

So I don't think a Diplomacy check is needed but will roll if you think so.

HM

Remove ads