PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You make your way successfully around the vast grove of Viper Nettles, and find your way back to the stream. From there to the cove the going gets somewhat easier, the typical afternoon rains fail to make their appearance, and you make good enough time that you decide to press on even after the sun sets behind the ridges and trees to the west. As the light fails, clouds begin to roll in over the trees and it becomes clear that the rains were only delayed, not absent. The rains start moments before you reach the cove; the torrential downpour is heavy enough to limit vision to 10 or 15 feet, and the sound is near deafening.

Making your camp in the pitchy black of the starless night proves a daunting task, especially for those more affected by the fatigue of your ordeal and without the enhanced vision granted by non-human blood, but you manage to do so. Jask and Aerys pitch in willingly, Sasha and Gelik much less so - but they do enough at least to claim they're carrying their weight.

Wet, miserable and exhausted, you huddle under the shelter of your lean-to, gnawing on the last remaining rations and almost shouting to be heard over the thundering rain as you discuss plans for the remainder of the evening and beyond . . .

OOC: Watches? Other duties? Anything else before bedding down?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
What a day. Leaf thinks to himself.

He continues his thoughts out loud. "We have had quite a day, but we have at least succeed in reaching are destination. Small steps first as my great mum use to say."

He pauses to yawn and cover his mouth with a large hand. "If it is alright though, I think I might be better off taking last watch tonight."

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Sorry - I meant to indicate in my post that by pressing on after dark you made it to the cove. I rewrote that post a few times and must have lost that point in the editing. You are at your destination; previous post edited to include that information.

Rhun

First Post
"I'll take the first watch," volunteers Abraxis.

OOC: I just noticed I still haven't fixed Abraxis' missing equipment. I'll get that fixed this weekend.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"I'll take second watch with Sasha." Lerissa blurts out. When she realizes she spoke her thoughts allowed, she shrugs and looks to the other woman to be sure she has no objections.

Rhun

First Post
"Well, if nothing else...we'll all sleep soundly tonight," says Abraxis, trying to keep good cheer in his voice. The aasimar stands, leaning wearily against his glaive, and his golden hued eyes sweep the darkness around the camp for signs of danger.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases