Possible Scoop...Tiefling Page

Jhaelen

First Post
Chris_Nightwing said:
"Random is a Tiefling Rogue.."

Random, seriously?
Reminds me of my old 1E campaign where that was the name of the long deceased archmage responsible for building most of the dungeons in that region:
"So you decide to visit yet another Random dungeon..."

DanChops

First Post
One interesting thing I noticed - the Tiefling write-up is on pages 48-49. Granted, it is the last race, but if each of the other 7 races each have two pages like the Tiefling, then the races page starts on page 36 (or page 35 if there is a full-page chapter intro like in the 3.5 PHB.) Considering that the races chapter in 3.5 began on page 11, I wonder what kind of info will be in that first 34-35 pages.

Dausuul said:
Oh, it makes perfect sense for a devil-touched race to have a Charisma bonus. My point is that it doesn't make sense for a race with a Charisma bonus to be a bunch of angsty, brooding tormented-hero types.
That's only if you're stuck in the "high Charisma = charming and likable" mindset. Charisma includes force of personality and persuasiveness as well. You don't need to be likable to be persuasive, or to have a dominant personality.

Cambions in myth were supposed to be extremely persuasive, so that fits too.

Mercule

Adventurer
The biggest thing I noticed is that the flavor text has been brought in line with the asinine "big horn and tail" pictures.

am181d said:
Yup. Thought that was strange too, especially since they talked about Tiefling weapons in R&C and they were anything but traditional middle ages weaponry. My guess is "archaic" means "archaic for tieflings" not "archaic in the real world".

Why would it mean anything else? How long did plate armor get used on earth? How long has it been crafted by, say... dwarves.... a thousand years? More? That armor looks really anything like midieval earth stuff hurts MY sense of believability.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
To much of the defualt history, and the edginess they are pushing is not a 100% match with the mechanics. Smart, charismatic, and with a bad temper seems more boardroom then back alley.

And they don't mention the wizard know, the playtest charecter, even with the Int bonus? The wizard is all about the int (as an aside, I do not think there is an explicit favoured class mechanic, I just think some classes work better with some races, then other, or at least that is their opinion of what works best with what). I am guessing they could also make decent paladins.

Oh well. They pull me in...and then just kick me back out!

The Ubbergeek

First Post
ehren37 said:
Why would it mean anything else? How long did plate armor get used on earth? How long has it been crafted by, say... dwarves.... a thousand years? More? That armor looks really anything like midieval earth stuff hurts MY sense of believability.

It's an important point, I think.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases