Possible Scoop...Tiefling Page

Kamikaze Midget said:
What 2e are you reading?

My 2e teiflings had their abilities randomized in TABLES, mang! :)

(though mine come from PS, so I dunno if there was another kind that did something different).
PS Campaign Setting, the table of random abilities was in the Planewalker's Handbook and it was things like energy resistance, the ability to darkness, blur, claw attacks, +2 to random saving throws. The +1/+1/-1/-1 ability adjustment scores were also in that same book with their random tables.

Umbra_Kaitou

First Post
What I was wondering was that, I seem to recall them saying Racial powers leveled up over time like class levels did.

However I only see the one power listed, which makes me wonder how it works now.

Kordeth

First Post
Umbra_Kaitou said:
What I was wondering was that, I seem to recall them saying Racial powers leveled up over time like class levels did.

However I only see the one power listed, which makes me wonder how it works now.

As I recall, they mentioned "racial powers leveling up" as a system they toyed with but ultimately discarded. The way they chose to go instead was a complete racial package at 1st level supplemented by feats.

Gloombunny

First Post
Kordeth said:
As I recall, they mentioned "racial powers leveling up" as a system they toyed with but ultimately discarded. The way they chose to go instead was a complete racial package at 1st level supplemented by feats.
Which is good, 'cuz it makes it feasible to quickly write up a PC-usable version of any "monster" race - you don't have to write out a whole levelling scheme of racial powers, because a PC can just choose general feats instead of racial ones and be perfectly balanced. A race written that way won't have the full complement of build options that a core race has, but you won't be at all gimped for playing one.

I doubt we'd be getting those PC-oriented writeups of a half-dozen more races in the MM if it weren't for that.

DreamChaser

Explorer
am181d said:
Yup. Thought that was strange too, especially since they talked about Tiefling weapons in R&C and they were anything but traditional middle ages weaponry. My guess is "archaic" means "archaic for tieflings" not "archaic in the real world".

No need to guess. The listing actually says "...harkening back to the glory days of their long-vanished empire."

DC

arscott

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
(if they keep their promise of no negative racial traits).
I don't think they ever promised this. They said that racial modifiers would have a net positive, but that's not the same thing.

Ulthwithian

First Post
Well, I believe Warlords are Int-based, as it says they are in the info thread here.

Also, since the Elf Racial Power has a feat based off of it, I believe that Infernal Wrath probably will as well. Something like:

'Whenever you become bloodied, recharge Infernal Wrath' or 'Whenever you drop a bloodied foe, recharge Infernal Wrath'

would make a lot of sense.

Remove ads