Post-Apocalyptic Art Thread

Eric Lofgren

First Post
Hi Will! Thanks for the invite. I'm loving all the work everyone's posted so far. Here's my apocalyptic style contributions to the thread. The first one was done years ago for an rpg that never got off the ground. The next 5 are for Sine Nomine Publishing's Other Dust setting. The last 3 are more ancient pieces I did a long time ago for myself.

post_apoc_holyman.jpg

beastiary_illo.jpg

other_dust_illo.jpg

bunker.jpg

plunder.jpg

dune_buggy.jpg

boar_warrior_colour.jpg

rhinoborg.jpg

wasteland_warrior.jpg

Mutant Lord

Explorer
Post-Apocalyptic Epochian images of people and places

Although the first image in this series is color, it started out like a graphite drawing just like the rest in this post. I normally do ink work but really like the grainy feel of pencil. Problem is, sometimes graphite and gray scale images don't turn out well depending on the printer, while inks always seem to come out as intended.

More soon
WM

TheDevi-Bears-den-EM6-McAusland-9inch-cover_zps6f7d786d.jpg

EM-6-5-Excavator-Monthly-Mutant-Epoch-Post-apocalyptic-barbarian-courtesan-cowboy-web_zps6bd0ff68.jpg

EM-6-8-Excavator-Monthly-Mutant-Epoch-Post-apocalyptic-vet-and-monsterous-cyborg-web_zps37765496.jpg

EM-6-71_zps54991d2a.jpg

EM-6-16-Excavator-Monthly-plyaers-perspective-Outrun-Your-Comrades-web_zpsbd63dff6.jpg

EM5-17-Recon-Carbine-new-assault-rifle-web_zps86b3c145.jpg

EM5-23-Ruin-Ecology-scene-2-birds-eye-view-web_zpsfcadb76e.jpg

Mutant Lord

Explorer
Nasty Mutant Creatures of the Epoch set 1

For this post, I thought I'd add a few mutant critters... like the nasty grass leech,

TME-creature-EM-tiny-terrors-Grass-Leech-web_zpsab72b257.jpg

... a mutant black widow with normal sized specimen for comparison...

EM-6-19-Excavator-Monthly-mutant-creature-black-widow-spider-web_zps36c9b9ad.jpg

.... a blade tailed skink...

TME-creature-EM-tiny-terrors-Blade-tailed-Skink-web_zps71ec8072.jpg

...a ponysapien and rider...

The-Mutant-Epoch-Ponisapien-by-William-McAusland-web_zps7cb0617e.jpg

and finally a botomorto flesh eating, mobile shrub.

EM5-Carnivourouse-mutant-plant-Botomorto-web_zpsa7a045ee.jpg

Mutant Lord

Explorer
Into Red Crater

Beyond-Red-Crater-Cover-William-McAusland-cover-art-Jan8-2013_zps9ba81cc3.jpg

SO here is the cover to Beyond Red Crater http://www.outlandarts.com/beyondredcrater.htm), just released yesterday for The Mutant Epoch. This one took awhile as we had to redo the front cover character placement and switch out the horny mutant women for the Cyborg woman you see here. There are 88 illustrations for this book, all ink, and we made a little art gallery showing some of our favorites here: http://www.outlandarts.com/TME-Beyond-Red-Crater-art-1.htm
Let me know what you think... and hey we need other artists and PA publishers to post here!

WM

Last edited:

Mutant Lord

Explorer
Citizens of the Wastes

First off, I gotta say I am very impressed with how lightning fast the new improved ENworld is! Well done!

Today I thought I'd post some post-apocalyptic people; the first of many in this art series I suspect.

EM-6-4-Excavator-Monthly-Mutant-Epoch-PC-gen-Character-Stereotypes-group-photo-web_zps8f7b2f14.jpg

EM-6-1-Excavator-Monthly-Mutant-Epoch-Player-Controlled-NPCs-web_zps8f4fd754.jpg

EM-6-2-Excavator-Monthly-Mutant-Epoch-Post-apocalyptic-goat-herdsman-web_zpsdde68517.jpg

EM-6-15-Excavator-Monthly-Mutant-Epoch-Post-apocalyptic-wild-child-rat-hunter-web_zps6d1ecfdc.jpg

EM-6-14_zps8fac3833.jpg

EM-6-32-Excavator-Monthly-Mutant-Epoch-Post-apocalyptic-scavenger-web_zpsa2436a99.jpg

EM5-21-Swamp-maiden-decoy-mutant-horror-web_zps1ae3ed6a.jpg

EM5-4-PC-generation-vat-Generic-excavator-with-shovel-web_zps0b2517a6.jpg

EM5-20-Grafted-faces-of-victims-on-horrid-mutant-web_zps148329d5.jpg

EM5-18-Terrorize-Them-Horror-inPA-RPGs-web_zpsfdfc596d.jpg

EM5-Camping-in-the-ruins-Post-Apocalyptic-bush-party-web_zpsc154ed41.jpg

EM5-Horny-Archer-by-William-McAusland-web_zps1f9a8bee.jpg

Mutant Lord

Explorer
Post-Apocalyptic Cover art youtube video:: The Mutant Epoch

So, not knowing where else to post this here on ENworld, and seeing how it is very appropriate for this PA art thread, let me introduce a youtube video showing the book covers art for The Mutant Epoch RPG. We've shown details of each cover, then the full art alongside how it was used. Enjoy.

To watch video, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zCkuIjn5M

TME-cover-show-one-screen-shot_zps7a36e1ce.jpg

The music is by a UK composer called Ben Rawles, who I really enjoyed working with and highly recommend to other publishers: http://www.benrawles.com

Remove ads