D&D 5E Potential pitfalls of more Short Rest Recovery

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I find it easier to add consequences to the choice to rest than mucking about with rest frequency. Changing rest frequency has implications for some but not all classes and I think it needlessly nerfs short rest classes. Or long rest classes depending on your method. In both cases it's changing the 2-1 ratio that unbalances the classes.

NotAYakk

Legend
Is this talking about RAW or your proposal? If RAW, warlocks 17+ have 4 spell slots, period; they are regained on either a short or long rest. This sounds like you think they can have 8 slots. Maybe I am misinterpreting.
They have 4 spells they can cast without a slot (of level 6789) plus 4 slots of 5th level.

Which is a lot, but not quite, like having 8 slots.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
When we are trying to play with time constraint. I have gone to short test automatically at end of every encounter. Long rest after 4 encounters. I don’t do it on all games. But there is a game I run for long term players where we have real word time constraints. That group i play with once a month and we generally only have 4 hours or a little more. They may email or text me ideas between sessions. But it works for us. And I build the adventures with that in mind.

Remove ads