• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Potions restoring spell slots?

Quartz

Hero
Was musing on this - I recall a feature of sme online games is finding potions that restore mana. Has anyone seen any written for D&D (any edition) that restore spell slots of points?

Not exactly what you're after but in a previous edition there was Mordenkainen's Lucubration which allowed the recovery of one spell of lower level. IIRC it was a 9th level spell. Pushing that into 5E you might make it a 9th level spell that recovers 1 slot of 6th level or lower (depending upon what your maximum is). The lower level cap is because of the added flexibility of 5E. Then you could put it into an item and give it to the PC. (The point of this spell in 5E is not to be memorised for adventuring but to be used in the creation of items.)

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Weird question: if a warlock that has two slots that casts at 3rd level, is the intention that they can or can not benefit from a slot restoration potion for 1st or 2nd level slot?
I guess they can't. It would be the same with the pearl of power which only restores up to a 3rd level spell slot meaning warlocks of level 7 or higher couldn't use it.

aco175

Legend
I guess they can't. It would be the same with the pearl of power which only restores up to a 3rd level spell slot meaning warlocks of level 7 or higher couldn't use it.
Unless the description just says it restores a 1st or 2nd level spell and not say a slot. Although, it seems that it de facto restores a slot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads