• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Power Armor? Fallout Style

Zardnaar

Legend
I think what you've got for power armour works, probably plate armour and then the better ones might have a "+1" to AC. Shock absorbers reducing falling damage. I'd think reducing falling damage would be better than feather fall, even though they do negate it completely in the game.

Power Armour Frame
Strength set to 19 minimum, double carrying capacity.
Shock Absorbers.

I'd maybe set up the AC of the various power armours as below.
Raider. AC 16
T-49. AC 17
T-51. AC 18
T-60. AC 19
X-01. AC 20

Then you can start getting into the various upgrades in the game. upgrades that boost strength, grant a fly speed, shoot a tesla coil, provide radiation protection, etc.

This is roughly what I'm thinking.

I won't be using the FO4 labels but will probably base it off animals/predators.

Lion/Tiger/Bear/Dragon something like that.

Zardnaar

Legend
Do you have Explorer's Guide to Wildemount? If not, you really should buy it. If you do, check out the Stahlmast from the Dangerous Designs adventure. It's a large vehicle, can have one medium humanoid pilot it at a time (granting the pilot total cover), and has its own hit points, speed, AC, and attacks.

I would do something like that.

I do now just went and bought it

MarkB

Legend
I'd tend to go with a form of damage reduction. The armour can absorb either a fixed amount or a fixed percentage of each incoming hit, which is deducted from a pool of hit points that the armour has. Having better/more pieces of armour on the frame increases that hit point pool.

Once the pool is expended your armour pieces are broken, and the armour will no longer provide damage reduction until they're repaired or replaced, but the armour frame still provides the strength and carrying capacity benefits.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I do now just went and bought it
I didn't really think you would do that, but great! I hope that you think the Stahlmast works well for Power Armor (at least as a base).

(The rest of the book is definitely worth having anyways, though. Some of the best magic items, monsters, spells, and gazetteer information in 5e is in that book.)

Zardnaar

Legend
I didn't really think you would do that, but great! I hope that you think the Stahlmast works well for Power Armor (at least as a base).

(The rest of the book is definitely worth having anyways, though. Some of the best magic items, monsters, spells, and gazetteer information in 5e is in that book.)

Yeah I've been meaning to get the book anyway and it was in the same building as vaccine jab.

Remove ads